ZACH OSBORNE SECOND AT RED BUD FOR ROCKSTAR ENERGY HUSQVARNA FACTORY RACING!

Daily Motorcycle News has moved Here
totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

ZACH OSBORNE SECOND AT RED BUD FOR ROCKSTAR ENERGY HUSQVARNA FACTORY RACING!

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

ZACH #OSBORNE SECOND AT RED BUD FOR #ROCKSTAR ENERGY @HUSQVARNA FACTORY #RACING!

POURCEL 6TH, ANDERSON 11TH IN 450 CLASS

The Rockstar Energy Husqvarna Factory Racing team put in a hard charge on Saturday at the historic Red Bud National, the seventh round of the 2015 AMA Pro Motocross Series, held in Buchanan, Michigan.

250MX
Zach Osborne was ready to put himself on the box after finishing fifth overall at the last race held at the Budds Creek National. Consistency was key in Michigan as he rode strong and put on a repeat podium performance aboard his Husqvarna FC 250 for both motos, earning a 3-2 finish for an impressive second overall on the day. He is currently third overall in 250 rider point standings.

“Today was good,” said Osborne. “I had good speed in the first practice. I struggled a little bit in the second practice, but I turned it around for the first moto and got off to a good start. I was around the top five and then worked my way up into third. I stayed there and finished out with a solid moto. I got a really good jump in the second moto – almost had a huge holeshot but then wheelied halfway down the start straight and had to let off. I ended up about 15th. I made a couple passes on the first lap and got up to around 10th then started to pick people off one-by-one. I ended up getting all the way up to second and was only about four or five seconds away from winning the moto. I’m super happy.”

450MX
After tough first motos, Christophe Pourcel and Jason Anderson came back with a vengeance in moto two aboard their Husqvarna FC 450’s. Both riders pulled top-10 starts and went on a charge. Pourcel and Anderson navigated up to third and fifth, respectively, by the second lap, before Pourcel eventually settled into the fourth-place position by lap eight. Both riders kept it consistent from this point forward, with Pourcel finishing fourth and Anderson finishing fifth, with Pourcel earning sixth and Anderson earning eleventh overall on the day. They are currently seventh and fifth, respectively, in 450 rider point standings.

“My day was ok,” said Pourcel. “I didn’t get a great start in the first moto. The track was pretty rough so it got kind of sketchy. I was going for seventh in the first moto, but then stalled the bike so I ended up tenth. I was a little mad about that mistake. I was in a good group in the second moto – top four guys. We were doing good and pulling away from the other guys. I felt like I could have pushed it a little more, but I still feel like there’s more potential. I feel like I could have ended up third or fourth in the second moto, but I stalled the bike again. I was almost top-five overall today so that’s not too bad. I feel like I should expect to be in the top-five every moto right now, then eventually I’ll try to be on the podium every weekend for sure.”

“I was riding good in my first moto,” said Anderson, “but then I got a flat tire. In the second moto, I came out of the gate, shifted, was going pretty fast and ended up fifth on the start. I was by myself for a while in fifth, and when you’re by yourself in the moto it does get kind of boring, but you try and spot the riders in front of you and figure out lines to go faster. It’s a top-five so I’ll take it.”

The riders will now make their way to the Spring Creek National, which will be held July 18th in Millville, MN.

Pics: Simon Cudby
CAPTION 1: Zach Osborne finished on the box at RedBud with a second-place, and is currently third overall in 250 rider point standings.
CAPTION 2: After finishing sixth overall, Christophe Pourcel has his sights set on the top-five at the next round
CAPTION 3: Jason Anderson finished 11th at RedBud, and is currently fifth overall in 450 rider point standings.

Red Bud Results:
250MX
1. Jeremy Martin
2. Zach Osborne - Rockstar Energy Husqvarna Factory Racing
3. Cooper Webb

250MX Rider Point Standings:
1. Jeremy Martin - 298 points
2. Marvin Musquin - 291 points
3. Zach Osborne - 207 points
4. Joey Savatgy - 191 points
5. Alex Martin - 188 points
6. Jessy Nelson - 188 points
7. Adam Cianciarulo - 178 points
8. Matt Bisceglia - 142 points
9. Aaron Plessinger - 142 points
10. Chris Alldredge - 137 points

450MX
1. Justin Barcia
2. Ryan Dungey
3. Ken Roczen

6. Christophe Pourcel – Rockstar Energy Husqvarna Factory Racing

11. Jason Anderson – Rockstar Energy Husqvarna Factory Racing

450MX Rider Point Standings:
1. Ryan Dungey – 303 points
2. Ken Roczen – 259 points
3 Justin Barcia – 240 points
4. Blake Baggett – 212 points
5. Jason Anderson – 197 points
6. Broc Tickle – 190 points
7. Christophe Pourcel – 186 points
8. Weston Peick – 171 points
9. Phil Nicoletti – 151 points
10. Fredrik Noren – 132 points
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.