Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

BENNETTS SUZUKI POSITIVE FOR KNOCKHILL BSB RACES

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

#BENNETTS #SUZUKI POSITIVE FOR @KNOCKHILL BSB #RACES

Team Suzuki Press Office – July 4.

Bennetts Suzuki is looking forward to tomorrow’s Knockhill fifth-round MCE British Superbike Championship race in Scotland with the team having a positive weekend so far despite a disappointing qualifying.

Josh Waters and Christian Iddon will start the first race from 14th and 15th on the grid respectively after Iddon crashed at the hairpin in Q2. However, the team has made significant progress with its GSX-R1000 machines, with Iddon consistently inside the top-six in free practice and Waters taking chunks-off his lap-times over the course of the weekend.

Josh Waters:

"Of course it's not where we want to be on the grid but the Bennetts Suzuki is working well and I'm happy with the progress we've made and I'm feeling a lot better. I'm a bit frustrated with myself as we were pushing for Q3, we just didn't put the lap-time together in Q2, but we're not far away. We'll try and get ourselves up the field tomorrow and try hard to improve,"

Christian Iddon:

“We've put some good times in this weekend and we've made some big steps forward, and despite not getting a good time in in Q2, we're still not far-off with our pace. We're not where we should be on the grid and it's going to be a fight now. It's so close around here that it'll be difficult, but we'll do our best in the races."

Jack Valentine - Team Manager:

"Sadly it just didn't happen for us in qualifying today, but the bikes are working the best they ever have and that's been shown by the performances of both riders in practice. Josh has made real progress and has been bettering his lap times each time he's been out. We got through to Q2 but sadly Christian slipped-off and that was his chance over. But we're confident for tomorrow and we're not making any changes to the bikes tonight as they're working well. It will just be a case of elbows out at dawn, but we'll get stuck-in, take as many points as possible and try and set a lap-time to get us up the grid for race two."
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.