Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Team Yamaha MGM Heads to Hungary

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Team @Yamaha @MGM Heads to #Hungary

After a three week break, Team Yamaha MGM gets back into action for the fifth round of the Superbike*IDM International German Championship this weekend at the Hungaroring.
As Max Neukirchner is forced to sit out the next four races due to a hip injury, the MGM team will be directing their full attention towards teammate Damian Cudlin.
The Australian secured a solid fourth and fifth position at the previous round. He left the Nürburgring feeling positive about the progress he made, holding sixth place in the championship standings with 72 points. With just three points between him and the rider in fifth place, Cudlin is feeling extra motivated to deliver another strong result at the next face off.
This weekend he aims to secure his first podium of the season at what is described as one of the most demanding circuits on the IDM calendar. A victory on the winding Hungarian course, which includes almost no straight, is considered a great achievement. That fact that the Hungaroring is known as a challenging circuit makes it all the more popular with teams, riders, and race fans. It will be a first time for the IDM pilots to race on this legendary 4,381 meter course with 14 corners and it will be an important round to score vital championship points as the International German Championship is still wide open.

Damian Cudlin

"The next event is Hungary and I'm really excited to go there because I've been doing this championship for a long time and already know all the other circuits. It's always nice to go to a new circuit, find challenges and learn something. I'm very eager to go there. I think it might play in our favour a little bit, because we're going there with our new bike like we do at every round, while other teams usually go to circuits where they can use data from last few years. At least when we go to the Hungaroring everybody is starting from a clean slate and hopefully it's this advantage that will see us fighting for the podium."

Michael Galinski - Team Yamaha MGM Team Manager
"We fully trust Damian in Hungary. I think at this stage it's not really useful to get a replacement rider in such short time. We're in the middle of a development process and we need someone who is able to replace Max, but that's hard to find. We don't get any positives from a second rider if we don't receive reasonable feedback from him, so in Hungary we'll definitely only have one rider. We're planning to have a substitute rider for Schleiz and Assen, as those races take place with only one week between them and for Max it doesn't make any sense to be there if he's not completely fit. We will wait for his return in Hockenheim and wish him all the best for his recovery process. I saw the track in Hungary about 25 years ago, it was one of my best world championship races. The layout is ok, I think the characteristics of this new track are interesting, but at the same time everything is built for Formula 1 and there are many tarmac run-off areas. We're looking forward to racing at a new track, which is new for nearly everyone."
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.