Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Podium for Paulin as He Wins Second Moto in Germany

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Podium for Paulin as He Wins Second Moto in Germany

Gautier Paulin took to podium again today with a fantastic performance that saw him finish third in the opening race at Teutschenthal today and take a race victory in the second. Both Paulin and Bobryshev had great pace yesterday, and it translated today to move the Team HRC duo up to fourth and fifth in the World Championship standings.

Gautier PaulinGautier PaulinGautier Paulin Gautier PaulinGautier PaulinGautier Paulin
In the opening MXGP race both Gautier and Bobby got off to good starts and emerged from the first corner in fourth and fifth respectively. After the first four corners Bobby had climbed to third, whereupon he set about chasing down Dean Ferris and Romain Febvre. Moving his way into second with 25 of the 30 minutes still remaining, he then chased Febvre until the finish, setting the fastest lap in the process, and crossing the line just 2.2seconds adrift. Gautier Paulin was just 1.4seconds further back in third, to make it the first time that two Team HRC riders have finished in the top three in an MXGP moto.

Whilst Gautier went two positions better in the second moto to take his third race win of the season on the CRF450RW, Bobby was more unfortunate. Looking set to stand on the podium again himself, his weekend was marred with a first corner crash that sent him to the back of the pack. Undeterred, he mounted a relentless comeback, fighting right until the finish line with a pass on the last corner to take the flag in seventh, meaning he tied on points with third place overall but was denied the podium on results countback.

Gautier PaulinGautier PaulinGautier Paulin Evgeny BobryshevEvgeny BobryshevEvgeny Bobryshev
Honda Comments
Roger Harvey: HRC General Manager - MXGP“It’s great to be back on the podium again, and it’s great to transfer some of that form we’ve had from Saturday to Sunday. We’re known we’ve been capable of it, but it just hasn’t worked out for us at the last few races but now it all worked well today. It was good to see Gautier going like he did and riding really well, especially in the last race. It was a shame for Bobby to go down in the first corner with just a little mistake. It was a tremendous ride to come back to seventh, and to finish joint third overall on points although with the seventh it didn’t put him in the podium. I’m sure though he would have been on the podium had he got round the first corner ok.”Gautier Paulin:
Race Result: 3rd, 1st 2nd Overall“It’s great to be back on the podium again, and when I can ride like this I really enjoy the feeling on the bike. It’s very positive to have made a good job today. In the second moto the track was much better, and we did a really good job with Team HRC and Honda and I feel really good now on the bike. In the first moto I made a few mistakes and couldn’t do better than third, but then in the second moto I had a really good battle with Romain to keep the lead, so today has just been fun.”Evgeny Bobryshev:
Race Result: 2nd, 7th 5th Overall“Overall I’m happy with the day. For me it was important to stay healthy and get some good points. After the race I was frustrated as I was a little bit expecting too much because yesterday was going well and the first race was going well so I was really looking forward to the second. Just a little mistake in turn one put me right back in the pack, but then I managed to come back to seventh, fighting right until the last lap as I was feeling great. There were lots of bumps inside turn one after the race and I just hit one of these and fell. For sure it’s a shame because I could be on the podium, but now I feel confident on the bike and my racing and fitness are all on a good level so I know I can be on the podium, but the competition is so strong everything can change with just a little crash like this at the start. But the team is working well and the bike is working well and I’m happy with the everything is going, so it will come.”

Evgeny BobryshevEvgeny BobryshevEvgeny Bobryshev

Gajser Moves To Second In Championship With Victory In Germany

Tim Gajser clinched his second overall MX2 victory in a row and his third of the season today in Germany with a dominant performance that saw him take a moto win and a second place.

In race one Tim Gajser continued yesterday’s strong form, emerging from the first corner in third but wasting no time surging to the front, With 23minutes remaining he passed Aleksandr Tonkov for the lead, and despite pressure from reigning World Champion Jordi Tixier, he kept his cool.

As the pair matched each other for sector times, the gap was at one point barely over one second. In the closing minutes, Tim’s consistency enabled him to break free in a faultless ride that delivered him his second moto victory of the season.

Race two required a little more from Gajser at the start as he got away in fifth and had to fight his way quickly to the front to stay in touch with the leaders. With 23 minutes remaining he made his move for second place and set about chasing leader Max Anstie to the finish.

His haul of points made it a fantastic weekend for Tim and the Honda Gariboldi Racing team as the Slovenian took his third win and his first back-to-back pairing of victories, and climbed into second overall in the MX2 World Championship.

Having crashed heavily yesterday, Jorge climbed aboard his CRF250RW again today and despite feeling pain in the warm-up, he started the first well and was fighting for a lot of it just outside the top ten. Towards the end though he felt incredible pain in his shoulder and his pace dropped off. He finished the race in 16th, but decided it would be too risky to compete in the second moto because of the strength he lacked in his injured arm and shoulder.

Honda Comments
Giacomo Gariboldi: Team Principal
“It’s been a perfect weekend for Tim – even better than in Maggiora, and he’s now second in the Championship. That was our goal from the start of the season, to be in the top three. Now we have three races in front that should be good for Tim so we’re optimistic for these. This result today is confirmation that we’re on the right path with Tim. In fact it’s even better than we expected. He’s really confident and riding so well, and we can see he’s improving even since the start of this season.

“Jorge didn’t start the second race as he felt pain in his shoulder after yesterday’s crash, and he could hardly finish race one. He couldn’t properly move his arm so he decided he couldn’t race, so we hope he recovers quickly and fully.

“I’d like to thank Honda and HRC for all their work done this season, because everyone is working so hard and to be in this position now is just fantastic.”
Tim Gajser:
Race Result: 1st/2nd Championship position: 2nd“It was a great weekend – the feeling is just incredible to have won again this way. I was feeling really good all weekend long and riding really smooth and without any pressure. I finished school on Thursday so this was another pressure off, so I just had so much fun today. I’m really happy with my riding and I’m really looking forward to the next round now! I’m even more motivated now for the rest of this season and I just can’t wait for more.”Jorge Zaragozar:
Race Result: 16th/- Championship position: 23th“After the crash of yesterday I had pain everywhere, but this morning I wanted to ride again. In the warm-up I felt pain in my shoulder, but I started race one. At the beginning it was ok, but at the end I had so much pain. I wanted to race again but I felt I didn’t have enough strength in my arm to risk it. Now I speak to the physio and they say if tomorrow I have the same pain I need to check that everything is ok, but I hope I will be ready again in time for Sweden.”

2015 FIM MXGP / MX2 World Motocross Championship
Round 10: Teutschenthal – Germany

MXGP - Race 1 Result

Rank

Rider (Machine)

1 Febvre, Romain(Yamaha)
2 Bobryshev, Evgeny(Honda)
3 Paulin, Gautier(Honda)
4 Van Horebeek, Jeremy(Yamaha)
5 Strijbos, Kevin(Suzuki)
6 Simpson, Shaun(KTM)
8 Charlier, Christophe(Honda)
13 Lupino, Alessandro(Honda)
20 Delince, Jeremy(Honda)
21 Yamamoto, Kei(Honda)
22 Edmonds, Stuart(Honda)
25 Kouzis, Panagiotis(Honda)

MXGP - Race 2 Result

Rank

Rider (Machine)

1 Paulin, Gautier(Honda)
2 Febvre, Romain(Yamaha)
3 Strijbos, Kevin(Suzuki)
4 Van Horebeek, Jeremy(Yamaha)
5 Ferris, Dean(Husqvarna)
6 Cairoli, Antonio(KTM)
7 Bobryshev, Evgeny(Honda)
10 Charlier, Christophe(Honda)
13 Lupino, Alessandro(Honda)
17 Yamamoto, Kei(Honda)
20 Delince, Jeremy(Honda)
22 Kouzis, Panagiotis(Honda)
23 Edmonds, Stuart(Honda)

MX2 - Race 1 Result

Rank

Rider (Machine)

1 Gajser, Tim(Honda)
2 Guillod, Valentin(Yamaha)
3 Tixier, Jordi(Kawasaki)
4 Petrov, Petar(Kawasaki)
5 Lieber, Julien(Yamaha)
6 Jonass, Pauls(KTM)
16 Zaragoza, Jorge(Honda)
25 Brylyakov, Vsevolod(Honda)

MX2 - Race 2 Result

Rank

Rider (Machine)

1 Anstie, Max(Kawasaki)
2 Gajser, Tim(Honda)
3 Seewer, Jeremy(Suzuki)
4 Lieber, Julien(Yamaha)
5 Guillod, Valentin(Yamaha)
6 Tixier, Jordi(Kawasaki)
18 Brylyakov, Vsevolod(Honda)
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.