Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Top Tens All-Round for Pata Honda in Italy

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Top Tens All-Round for #Pata @Honda in #Italy

Pata Honda riders Sylvain Guintoli and Michael van der Mark finished in ninth and tenth places respectively in both races at today’s eighth-round World Superbike championship event at Misano World Circuit in Italy. The races at the 4.226km circuit were won by Tom Sykes and Jonathan Rea.

Sylvain GuintolizoomSylvain Guintoli Sylvain GuintolizoomSylvain Guintoli
Guintoli enjoyed good starts in both races but, despite running as high as seventh in the early stages, the French rider was unable to hook up with the leading groups, instead becoming embroiled in battles with local rider Ayrton Badovini and his own Pata Honda team-mate, van der Mark.

For van der Mark, a grid position of 15th following problems during qualifying yesterday was a difficult place to start the two 21-lap races. However, the 22-year-old Dutch rider enjoyed flying starts in both outings, with an intermittent electrical issue hindering his progress in the opening race.

The Pata Honda team is now packing its Honda CBR1000RR Fireblade SP machines and all associated equipment into flight cases for the next WSBK round at Laguna Seca in the USA on 17-19 July.

Honda Rider Comments
Sylvain Guintoli (Pata Honda World Superbike Team)
Race result: 9th / 9th“I had to fight hard today in both races; all I saw on my board was +0 – I was being hunted down by everyone! In race one, with the colder track, we had some significant tire wear in the second half of the race and the rhythm went a little. Race two was more consistent but we’re still missing some pace from the guys at the front. I gave everything I could today and won my personal battles in each race. We have a bit of time now before the next race to try to make some different plans and strategies for the second half of the season, but we need to find something because there is still some pace missing.”Michael van der Mark (Pata Honda World Superbike Team)
Race result: 10th/10th“In race one I had a really good start and made up some places early on. I had a good feeling and was quite fast, closing the gap to the guys in front of me. I passed Sylvain but then I had an issue which seems to have happened quite a lot this season. In the end I finished 10th just behind Sylvain, which was quite disappointing. I got another good start in race two but I was missing a lot of grip from the start. It was difficult to maintain the lap times but in the last couple of laps I was able to close the gap again to Sylvain and had a nice battle with him and Badovini. Sylvain passed Badovini and I went with him and I wanted to attack in the last lap but he was strong and in the end he finished in front of me. I think this is the best we can do at the moment because we are both doing very similar lap times.”Pieter Breddels“It was not an easy day, that’s for sure. Michael didn’t qualify that well but he had two really good starts, which is not always the case! He fought his way to the back wheel of his team-mate again and that was the maximum for this round I think. Sylvain started further ahead and had two reasonable starts but the pace of the front guys was just too fast for us today. I think both riders are getting the best out of the package at the moment, so it’s up to us to see how we can improve the package for the guys.”
Michael van der MarkzoomMichael van der Mark Patrick JacobsenzoomPatrick Jacobsen
Jacobsen and Honda take second place at Misano

PJ Jacobsen (Core” Motorsport Thailand) continued his dream start for his new team in the FIM Supersport World Championship after finishing second, only 1.525 seconds from the race winner, at the 4.226km Misano circuit in Italy.

Having only ridden in one previous round for his Core” Motorsports Thailand Honda team Jacobsen made it two podiums in two attempts with his runner-up spot, after 19 laps of action in warm conditions.

He is now 20 points from second place rider Jules Cluzel, who won the race from the front. Championship leader Kenan Sofuoglu could not keep pace with the front two at Misano and fell trying to hold onto third place.

Gino Rea (CIA Landlords Insurance Honda) led a large group of riders who contested the remaining top ten places behind the podium players and the English rider finished at the head of this group for fourth place and 13 valuable championship points. He is fifth in the championship and second top Honda entry overall.

Rea rode with maturity and pace to ensure that he headed up an exciting and combative freight train of riders, which included two other Honda entries.

Riccardo Russo (CIA Landlords Insurance Honda) was eighth in the final lap sort out behind Rea and his team-mate Martin Cardenas (CIA Landlords Insurance Honda) scored a top ten finish to go 12th in the championship rankings.

Roberto Rolfo (Team Lorini Honda) again found unexpected issues with grip in the latter stages of the race and came home 12th. He is ranked 6th overall after eight rounds.

Kevin Wahr (SMS Racing Honda) took points for 14th place and Glenn Scott (AARK Racing Honda) once again got into the points with 15th place.

Kyle Smith (Pata Honda) had a disappointing raceday after he could not finish the sighting lap, a technical issue halting his attempt to get his season back on track before the long summer break begins.

Kevin Manfredi (CIA Landlords Insurance Honda) substituted for the injured Kieran Clarke and took 18th place in a race with 19 finishers.

Sepang in Malaysia hosts the next WSS round, but not until Sunday 2nd August.

Honda Rider Comments
PJ Jacobsen (Core” Motorsport Thailand Honda)
Race result: 2nd“For sure that was a step forward for us in the race, but I just could not break down that gap to Cluzel. We have to work on that for the next race but I am pretty happy with the bike because both it and the team are working really well. The bike was a little bit better than me in the last five laps because all this year I have been suffering with a little bit of arm pump. When I go home I am going to get an operation to fix it and hopefully come back even stronger in Malaysia at the next round.Gino Rea (CIA Landlords Insurance Honda)
Race result: 4th“It was a bit of a disappointing race. Fourth position is OK and better than where I qualified but we were expecting to take it to the top three. We made a change from yesterday to help the front and it was good in warm up but then in the hotter conditions of the race I had a few moments. I was passed by a couple of riders early on and once I got past them again the gap to the leaders was too much. I pushed hard and almost crashed a few times, so I decided to hold off the guys behind. Fourth is OK, but we really want to battle with the top three, which is where I think we can be.Riccardo Russo (CIA Landlords Insurance Honda)
Race result: 8th“I think I had a good home race, a good start and a good finish. I had a more positive feeling with the bike today. There was a good fight with many riders in the race and although the bike set-up was not perfect I pushed hard and passed other riders.Martin Cardenas (CIA Landlords Insurance Honda)
Race result: 10th“This race was much better than the last two. We improved the bike for the race quite a bit and I felt more comfortable riding. I could be in the group that was from fourth to tenth so I was happy with the pace of the race. It would have been great to maybe gain a few positions but it was not possible as it was so difficult to overtake, but I am happy with the pace and we can continue this direction for Malaysia and hopefully have an even better race there.Roberto Rolfo (Team Lorini Honda)
Race result: 12th“A difficult home race for us because it was not easy to find a good feeling with the bike. Usually the second part of the race is good for me but this season only Assen gave us a good rhythm from the middle of the race to the end. I had a good pace at the beginning and I could fight into the 1’39s, but it was really difficult when the rear tire dropped. When I opened the throttle there was a delay and I was running wider than the ideal line. That made it impossible to stay with the other riders.Kyle Smith (Pata Honda)
RT“There is not much to say, really, other than I had a technical problem on the sighting lap. I could have ridden the bike back to the pits for the guys to investigate but I was stopped by the marshals. It’s a real shame because I was hoping to make up for my mistake in qualifying yesterday, but that’s how it goes sometimes and we’ll have to try to come back stronger in Malaysia. I’ve never been to Sepang, but I’m really looking forward to racing there.

Patrick JacobsenzoomPatrick Jacobsen

World Superbike and World Supersport 2015
Round 08: Misano World Circuit Marco Simoncelli – Italy

Superbike Race 1

Rank

Rider (Team)

1 T. SYKES (Kawasaki Racing Team)
2 J. REA (Kawasaki Racing Team)
3 C. DAVIES (Aruba.it Racing-Ducati SBK Team)
4 D. GIUGLIANO (Aruba.it Racing-Ducati SBK Team)
5 L. HASLAM (Aprilia Racing Team - Red Devils)
9 S. GUINTOLI (PATA Honda World Superbike Team)
10 M. VD MARK (PATA Honda World Superbike Team)

Superbike Race 2

Rank

Rider (Team)

1 J. REA (Kawasaki Racing Team)
2 D. GIUGLIANO (Aruba.it Racing-Ducati SBK Team)
3 L. HASLAM (Aprilia Racing Team - Red Devils)
4 C. DAVIES (Aruba.it Racing-Ducati SBK Team)
5 T. SYKES (Kawasaki Racing Team)
9 S. GUINTOLI (PATA Honda World Superbike Team)
10 M. VD MARK (PATA Honda World Superbike Team)

Supersport

Rank

Rider (Team)

1 J. CLUZEL (MV Agusta Reparto Corse)
2 P. JACOBSEN (CORE'' Motorsport Thailand)
3 L. ZANETTI (MV Agusta Reparto Corse)
4 G. REA (CIA Landlords Insurance Honda)
5 A. BALDOLINI (Race Department ATK#25)
6 F. MENGHI (VFT Racing)
8 R. RUSSO (CIA Landlords Insurance Honda)
10 M. CARDENAS (CIA Landlords Insurance Honda)
12 R. ROLFO (Team Lorini)
14 K. WAHR (SMS Racing)
15 G. SCOTT (AARK Racing)
16 D. JUHASZ (Schmidt Racing)
17 N. CALERO (Orelac Racing Team)
18 K. MANFREDI (CIA Landlords Insurance Honda)
RT J. CHROBAK (Schmidt Racing)
RT M. RAMIREZ (Team Lorini)
RT K. SMITH (PATA Honda World Supersport Team)
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.