CHRISTOPHE POURCEL SECOND AT BUDDS CREEK FOR ROCKSTAR ENERGY HUSQVARNA FACTORY RACING!

Daily Motorcycle News has moved Here
totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

CHRISTOPHE POURCEL SECOND AT BUDDS CREEK FOR ROCKSTAR ENERGY HUSQVARNA FACTORY RACING!

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

CHRISTOPHE POURCEL SECOND AT #BUDDSCREEK FOR @ROCKSTAR ENERGY @HUSQVARNA FACTORY #RACING!
ANDERSON 6TH IN 450 CLASS, OSBORNE 5TH IN 250 CLASS

The Rockstar Energy Husqvarna Factory Racing team competed in the ultimate mudder on Saturday at the sixth round of the 2015 AMA Pro Motocross Series, held at the Budds Creek National in Mechanicsville, MD. Downpours, lightning, and rain delays characterized the day, but that didn’t stop Zach Osborne, Jason Anderson and Christophe Pourcel from pushing through the slop and putting in solid rides.

250MX
After only one practice session, Zach Osborne qualified sixth aboard his Husqvarna FC 250. In the first moto, Osborne got a good start and was third right out of the gate. He moved up to second on lap three and held strong until the eleventh lap where he settled in third for a podium finish. In moto two, Osborne was fifth on the start and battled through the mud to fall back to sixth by lap seven. He put on a charge and moved through the pack to finish fifth. The 3-5 finish gave him fifth overall and bumps him up one position to fifth overall in rider point standings.

“Today was ok,” said Osborne. “With the mud and the conditions, to have two consistent results is good. I moved up one place in the championship to fifth. I’m happy with the way I rode, but I’m a little bummed because I had a chance to win the overall if I got the two guys in front of me in the second moto. At the same time I’m stoked that my results have been pretty solid in recent weeks. I’m just going to keep working to try and win. It’s going to happen soon.”

450MX
Christophe Pourcel started the day strong by earning the fastest qualifying time in the class by nearly a second. Jason Anderson also displayed some speed by posting the fourth-fastest qualifying time. In moto one, Pourcel pulled a second-place start and stayed toward the front of the pack before conceding the position and settling in third. He got his second wind on lap 12 when he came back to make the pass for second and finish on the podium. Anderson was twelfth on the start, but he rallied aboard his Husqvarna FC 450 and made multiple passes in the first half of the race to finish seventh. The second moto was delayed by over an hour while rain pummeled down. The track was covered in mud by the time the gate dropped. This made for an extremely difficult ride, but it didn’t stop Pourcel and Anderson. They pulled a second and third place start, respectively. Pourcel held on to the second place spot while Anderson traveled back to sixth by the second lap and eventually suffered from a flat rear tire but pushed through. Both riders rode consistent and occupied the same positions by the halfway mark. The race became increasingly challenging as mud covered more of the bikes with every lap. Pourcel and Anderson put in a solid 30 minutes plus two laps and eventually finished third and seventh, respectively. Pourcel’s 2-3 finish gave him second overall on the day. The podium finish moved him up to seventh in rider point standings. Anderson went 7-7 for sixth overall, and is currently fifth overall in rider point standings.

“It was a good day,” said Pourcel. “I had two decent starts. I feel good on the bike and have good settings and suspension. Being in front is good. The goal is to try and be in the top five every moto. I had a good battle with Justin in the first moto and a good battle with Blake in the second moto so I think it was a great weekend overall for me to improve.”

“My weekend was ok,” said Anderson. “It wasn’t the greatest but it wasn’t the worst. I ended up seventh my first moto and had a good start in the second moto but ended up getting a flat tire pretty early on and stopped doing the jumps. I salvaged another seventh, which got me sixth overall. All-in-all not a horrible weekend, but I’m definitely going to try and get back up there for the next few rounds.

The riders will now make their way to the Red Bud National, which will be held July 4th in Buchanan, MI.

Photos by Simon Cudby
CAPTION 1:After posting the fastest qualifying time in practice, Christophe Pourcel put in a solid ride and finished second overall at Budds Creek!
CAPTION 2: Zach Osborne finished fifth in the 250 class, and moved up to fifth overall in 250 rider point standings.
CAPTION 3: Jason Anderson finished sixth at Budds Creek, and is currently fifth overall in 450 rider point standings.

Budds Creek Results:

250MX
1. Marvin Musquin
2. Alex Martin
3. Joey Savatgy

5. Zach Osborne - Rockstar Energy Husqvarna Factory Racing

250MX Rider Point Standings:
1. Marvin Musquin - 258 points
2. Jeremy Martin - 248 points
3. Adam Cianciarulo - 178 points
4. Joey Savatgy - 173 points
5. Zach Osborne - 165 points
6. Jessy Nelson - 164 points
7. Alex Martin - 154 points
8. Matt Bisceglia - 124 points
9. Shane McElrath - 121 points
10. Aaron Plessinger - 118 points

450MX
1. Justin Barcia
2. Christophe Pourcel – Rockstar Energy Husqvarna Factory Racing
3. Blake Baggett

6. Jason Anderson – Rockstar Energy Husqvarna Factory Racing

450MX Rider Point Standings:
1. Ryan Dungey – 256 points
2. Ken Roczen – 219 points
3 Justin Barcia – 193 points
4. Blake Baggett – 185 points
5. Jason Anderson – 178 points
6. Broc Tickle – 158 points
7. Christophe Pourcel – 157 points
8. Weston Peick – 140 points
9. Phil Nicoletti – 132 points
10. Eli Tomac – 256 points
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.