totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Brad Baker dominates Lima Half-Mile for his first win of the

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Brad Baker dominates Lima Half-Mile for his first win of the @AMA Pro Flat #Track season

LIMA, Ohio (June 28, 2015) - Brad Baker put together his finest performance of the 2015 AMA Pro Flat Track season on Sunday when he rode his No. 6 Factory Harley-Davidson to a first place finish at the Lima Half-Mile.

Baker not only claimed his first Harley-Davidson GNC1 presented by Vance & Hines victory of 2015 and his first elite class win at Lima, but he was flawless throughout the entire day, qualifying fastest and winning his heat race and the Dash for Cash.

"It was an amazing race," said Baker. "From the get go, I put the hammer down. (No. 17 Zanotti Racing rider) Henry (Wiles) was doing really well and keeping me on my toes the entire race. I was pretty nervous at the beginning. I switched to the awesome factory suspension and since then, everything has been working really well. Big shout out to Terry Vance and Kris Schoonover, who couldn't be here because of the weather yesterday. Great job to everybody with AMA Pro Racing, Dean Gallup and the whole Lima crew. It's been an excellent time here."

The event was originally scheduled for Saturday, but inclement weather forced it to be pushed back. Sunday's weather proved ideal, especially for Baker

Wiles jumped out to an early advantage and led the first three laps of the main before Baker got in front. On a restart due to an incident involving Jake Shoemaker, Baker jumped out front and was never challenged for the remainder of the event.

Second place went to Sammy Halbert, and Briar Bauman came home in third. Jared Mees' fourth place finish was good enough to move him into the points lead, 77-74, over Halbert.

After his win, Baker now sits fourth in the Harley-Davidson GNC1 presented by Vance & Hines point standings.

Halbert, piloting the No. 7 Briggs Auto Kawasaki, was impressive en route to his second place finish Sunday. The Graham, Wash., product now sits second in points and owns two podium appearances in 2015.

For Bauman and his No. 14 Hart Racing Kawasaki, it was the first top-three finish of 2015. The Californian now sits seventh in the standings.

Behind Mees and his No. 1 Las Vegas Harley-Davidson machine and rounding out the top five was Jeffrey Carver Jr. on the No. 23 Don's Kawasaki entry.

Mees has now finished fifth or better in four of the five Harley-Davidson GNC1 presented by Vance & Hines main events in 2015.

Kenny Coolbeth Jr. was leading the GNC1 points standings entering Lima, but mechanical woes ended his day early in the main after using a provisional to enter it.

GNC2

J.R. Addison ripped the lead from Jamison Minor on lap two of the GNC2 main event on Sunday and never looked back from there, earning his first win of the 2015 season aboard the No. 24F Parkinson Brothers Racing Honda.

Ever since he turned pro in 2013, Addison has had the Lima Half-Mile marked on his calendar as a race he wanted to win more than any other on the AMA Pro Flat Track schedule. His hometown of Bucyrus, Ohio, is a short trip from the Allen County Fairgrounds.

"It feels great to get this win," said Addison. "I was fast qualifier but I struggled a bit in my heat race. I got a good start in the main and made the pass on Jamison (Minor) pretty early. I have been looking forward to this race for a long time. I've actually been looking forward to this race the most (since) I turned pro, and I finally got to compete in it. To come away with the win is awesome."

Addison's teammate, Davis Fisher, piloting the No. 67M Parkinson Brothers Racing Honda, took home second and now sits first in the GNC2 point standings by seven (71-64) over Brandon Wilhelm, who was 10th Sunday on his No 24J Mike Butler Racing Honda. Fisher's runner-up performance was a nice rebound from his crash at Sacramento last round, which led to a 17th place finish.

Ryan Wells (No. 94B ERT Racing Honda) closed out the podium on Sunday with Hunter Edwards (No. 93F UMD Automated Systems Honda) and Bronson Bauman (No. 30Z R&D Machine Honda) rounding out the top five, respectively.

Nick Armstrong led the GNC2 point standings coming to Lima but crashed in the LCQ, keeping him out of the main event.

Harley-Davidson GNC1 presented by Vance & Hines Lima Half-Mile top five results
1. Brad Baker (Harley-Davidson)
2. Sammy Halbert (Kawasaki)
3. Briar Bauman (Kawasaki)
4. Jared Mees (Harley-Davidson)
5. Jeffrey Carver Jr., (Kawasaki)

Harley-Davidson GNC1 presented by Vance & Hines top five in points after Round 5
1. Jared Mees (77)
2. Sammy Halbert (74)
3. Kenny Coolbeth (69)
4. Brad Baker (69)
5. Brandon Robinson (66)

GNC2 Lima Half-Mile top five results
1. J.R. Addison (Honda)
2. Davis Fisher (Honda)
3. Ryan Wells (Honda)
4. Hunter Edwards (Honda)
5. Bronson Bauman (Honda)

GNC2 top five in points after Round 5
1. Davis Fisher (71)
2. Brandon Wilhelm (64)
3. Jamison Minor (61)
4. Nick Armstrong (56)
5. Andrew Luker (56)
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.