Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

GNCC and Western Hare Scrambles

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

@GNCC and Western Hare #Scrambles

Another busy weekend of racing is in the books. Beta USA's east coast efforts tackled the Snowshoe GNCC at the Snowshoe ski resort in West Virginia. After nearly four inches of rain in the 24 hours leading up the race, the course was looking tough and technical. Unique to this venue, there were two sides to the course, one that was nine miles long and the other that was four miles long.

Both Cory Buttrick and Jesse Groemm awaited the afternoon race. As they took off, both riders made their way forward settling into 7th and 5th, respectively. As the race continued, both settled around the top ten before Buttrick finished 8th with Groemm one place behind in 9th.

Cory Buttrick comments, "Conditions were really nasty for this years event with rain falling all week. I got off to a good start settling into a good pace the first few laps. Unfortunately, burrying the bike twice really good on the third and fourth lap cost me a lot of time and energy. We recovered well gaining back a few positions and finished healthy and strong. I'm excited to keep testing and make further progress on the 250 RR to come back stronger. Thank you to my sponsors, Beta USA, Tim, my trainer Shaun, Dr. Steve Thaxton, Moose Racing, Scott, Kenda, Stillwell, Motorcycle Superstore, Asterisks, my Fiancé, my parents, my Fiancés parents, my mechanic and my fans!"

Mud, rocks, roots, and water made up Snowshoe's race course. Photo by Ken Hill.

Running as high as fifth place, Jesse Groemm says, "Early on I felt like I was riding well in 5th place, as the track got nastier and the mud holes deeper I made some big mistakes costing me a lot of time and positions. I'm going to keep pushing forward and focus on the Rattlesnake National Enduro which I won last year. A big thanks to Beta and all of our great team sponsors."

Snowshoe starts on the streets of a ski resort. Photo by Ken Hill.

The GNCC Series takes a break for the summer before resuming on September 20th at Unadilla in New York. Next up, the East Coast team tackles the Rattlesnake National Enduro on July 26th in Pennsylvania.

In Elkton, Oregon, the Purvines Racing Beta team raced the Funky Chicken West Coast Hare Scramble. Axel Pearson and Nick Burson went North to race the event in terrain a little different from the typical desert style their Hare and Hound series provides.

Off the start, Pearson got a mid-pack start before facing tough dust. As he moved forward, he gained a few positions. Ultimately, Pearson finished 7th overall for the day. "These Hare Scrambles have been a good learning experience for me and I feel like I'm slowly getting more comfortable in these tight trees!," said Pearson. "I have to thank all of the great people who support me in all my racing especially Ron Purvines, Collin Woolsey, Nick and Maddy for all of their help! And we couldn't do it without all of our sponsors!"

Pearson finishes a solid 7th after navigating unfamiliar trees. Photo by Mark Kariya.

Nick Burson got off to a poor start after getting pushed wide in the first turn. Quickly trying to catch up, Burson got off course and broke his fender early on. Soon, Burson started to make his way forward where he eventually finished 8th place. Burson reflects, "It's not where I needed to be but I am healthy and ready to use this next two month break to get stronger and more dialed in for the remaining rounds."

Burson rides to 8th place in Oregon. Photo by Mark Kariya.

The team will resume racing with the Vegas to Reno race in August.
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.