Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Project 156 rebounds from practice crash

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

#Project156 rebounds from practice crash

The @Victory #Racing Project 156 suffered a setback during a practice accident on the Pikes Peak race course last week.

Cycle World Editor and Project 156 rider Don Canet did not suffer any serious injuries and was immediately up from the crash, however Project 156 was damaged enough to require a strip-down and frame straightening.

"We have been making significant progress on the engine tune of the motorcycle each time it went out and were able to start focusing on the handling aspects of the bike," explained Canet, who knows the course well after taking third place in his debut at the Race to the Clouds last year. "As I was going up the mountain I lost the front end under braking, asphalt temperature was extremely low and, counter intuitively, I think the tyre was getting colder as the run went on."

After the accident Project 156 was transported back to the Roland Sands Designs (RSD) headquarters in Southern California for evaluation.

"Not going to lie..." said RSD project leader Cameron Brewer, "Project 156 is really beat up. But we are racers at heart and I can promise Victory Motorcycles, Cycle World, RSD and Pikes Peak fans that we will rebuild the bike. She took one hell of a hit, but we are committed to the program."

Victory Motorcycles General Manager Rod Krois said the first question on hearing about the crash was whether Don was OK. "When we heard that he was, that was our biggest relief. Racing is serious business and it takes commitment, planning, guts and skill to get through these situations," he said.

"Victory Motorcycles took this endeavour on to challenge ourselves and make history by putting a competitive American bike back on Pikes Peak."
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.