Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Team Yamaha MGM Returns To The Lausitzring

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Team #Yamaha @MGM Returns To The #Lausitzring

After a challenging weekend at Circuit Zolder, Team Yamaha MGM is eager to start the third round of the Superbike*IDM International German Championship at the Lausitzring this weekend when it forms a part of the Deutsche Tourenwagen-Masters (DTM) schedule.
Though Max Neukirchner was able to celebrate his third podium of the season, two weeks ago at Circuit Zolder, the weekend ended unsatisfactorily when his challenge for the top positions in the second race was cut short, resulting in a DNF.
This weekend the German hopes to again showcase the great potential of the YZF-R1M, as he did in the opening round at the Lausitzring in the beginning of May, when he opened the season with two strong second places.
Damian Cudlin was also on the pace last weekend and achieved his second top five result in the first race at Circuit Zolder, before he too was forced to retire from the second race.
Similar to his teammate he looks forward to returning to the Lausitzring and further improving his set-up. His consistent pace at the German track during the first round shows that he has already found a solid basis and highlights how much he likes the circuit. This weekend he will aim to better the fourth place he scored in the second race four weeks ago.
Opened in 2000, the Lausitzring is a popular track amongst the riders. With the two-mile Superspeedway making up its framework, the track is said to be one of the most advanced racing and entertainment centers in Europe. The 4,3 km long circuit has ten different asphalt track variations, and will see it's layout slightly altered for this weekend's race compared to what it was like during the opening round of the season. However, fans don't have to worry about missing out on any of the racing spectacle; from the impressive main grandstand they can overlook almost the entire track and won't miss any of the action.

Max Neukirchner

Championship: 4th

"In my opinion the round in Lausitzring together with DTM is pretty special. We're going to ride a different layout than during the season opener, in front of 80,000 visitors which is a real highlight on our calendar. The layout is different, but just slightly, because it only affects two corners. I like it anyway. We're going to have fun and I'm looking forward to it."

Damian Cudlin

Championship: 7th

"Obviously the races in Lausitzring will be a little bit different to the first, because we use a short cut this time, so it's a little bit different to the first round. We had a really good setting there and I'm sure we'll be able to go back and improve it a little bit more. I really like Lausitzring, so I hope that I can get the potential that we had in Lausitzring one. If we can do this, we can be on the podium, which is the target."

Michael Galinski – Team Yamaha MGM Team Manager
"Together with the Deutsche Tourenwagen-Masters, we're going to have a lot of spectators, making it a special event. We're going to have to do a lot of work, as much of the action already takes place on saturday. We're only guests, which means we need to prepare ourselves for qualifying, Superpole and one race on Saturday. That's going to be very stressful, but we're looking forward to it. We hope to be able to reduce the gap and I'm pretty optimistic. When we were at the Lausitzring last time round we were able to clinch a second and a fourth place. If we can get both riders onto the podium this time I'll be super happy."
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.