Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Practice sessions get underway for the North West 200

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Practice sessions get underway for the North West 200

Today the 2015 North West 200 got underway with the first Superbike practice session this morning taking place in wet and windy conditions.

The original planned 45-minute session was cut short to 30-minutes due to the weather conditions and Honda Racing’s John McGuinness and Conor Cummins placed sixth and 12th on the timesheet. Even with the tricky conditions McGuinness was joint third fastest, recording 176mph on the Honda CBR1000RR Fireblade SP through the speed trap.

Honda Racing’s duo will be back out on Thursday for qualifying ahead of the two Superbike races on Saturday 16 May.

John McGuinness

We’ve had a solid start to the North West 200 to be fair, the conditions during practice were tricky with gusty winds and it was probably the worst conditions I’ve ever ridden in around here. I think everyone did an intelligent job out there; everyone’s safe and back in one piece. It was difficult going but the bike was good, I’m good and the wrist I broke last year is feeling good – bring on Thursday!

Conor Cummins

This morning’s session was tricky, wet and windy and the organisers did well to get it going. I was going well on the Fireblade and came in towards the end of the session and was up to fifth, but then the heavens opened and I dropped a few places when I went back out as I couldn’t go any faster. But Thursday is another day and I am looking forward to getting out again.
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.