Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Burson Wins AMA West Hare Scramble

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

#Burson Wins @AMA West Hare Scramble

On Saturday, Purvines Racing Beta tackled another race this past weekend; the AMA West Hare Scramble in Caliente, Nevada. Earlier this year, Nick Burson grabbed his first win in the series and was hungry to add a second one. Off the start, Burson and teammate, Axel Pearson, both got into strong positions making early passes before the dust swallowed the trail. On the third lap, Burson passed Cory Graffunder for the lead and never looked back taking the checkered flag.

Burson comments, "This series' results have been up and down for me but it has never been from a lack of effort. The team and myself will continue to strive for days like this as it makes all of the hard work and effort worth it!"

Burson nabs his second win this year! Photo by Mark Kariya.

Pearson diced it up behind the leaders fighting for the final podium position. After a crash, Pearson took a fourth overall and helped put two Purvines Racing Beta riders in the top four overall.

"I was happy how I rode the first half of the race but after a couple crashes I rode really bad the last loop!," said Pearson. "My Beta 430 RR ran and handled really well! Also after hitting my head that hard I have to thank 6D for the awesome helmets. I can't thank all of our sponsors enough for the best support! And of course Ron Purvines and Collin Woolsey for the great help."

In three weeks, the team resumes racing in Snowville, Utah for the next National Hare and Hound.

On Sunday, the East Coast factory team lined up for the fifth round of the National Enduro Series in Black Hills, Missouri. Going into the fifth round, the team was in search of a podium result. Cory Buttrick made a last minute switch to a 430 RR for the series after taking a liking to the bike at the Full Gas Sprint Enduro.

Cory Buttrick and his 430 RR take on the Lead Belt NEPG! Photo by Shan Moore.

Rain and muddy trails were in the forecast for the day. The Beta pit crew worked diligently every section scraping mud, changing brake fluid, and cleaning the bikes the best they could. Buttrick started the day off strong with a fourth overall in the first test while Jesse Groemm took 8th and Justin Sode finished 13th.

As the sun came out, results continued to improve. Both Buttrick and Groemm hovered around the top five. Buttrick carried fourth overall into the final section before facing an electrical issue. Groemm crashed in the final waterfall section taking on water. Justin Sode finished the day in 11th in the Pro class.

New Jersey's Jesse Groemm enjoys the sand! Photo by Shan Moore.

The team will continue to push forward in the coming weeks and rebound in Wyoming. Team Manager Zack Huberty comments, "We're getting closer; test times and results are improving in both series. These guys are putting in a lot of hard work and I'm hoping they will be rewarded soon with results that meet their expectations. We are so close and they know it."

Next, the team heads to Masontown, West Virginia for Round 7 of the GNCC Series.

For more information, visit BetaUSA.com.
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.