BRAD BAKER AND HARLEY-DAVIDSON FACTORY TEAM ARE READY TO UNLEASH V-TWIN POWER AT SPRINGFIELD MILE

Daily Motorcycle News has moved Here
totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

BRAD BAKER AND HARLEY-DAVIDSON FACTORY TEAM ARE READY TO UNLEASH V-TWIN POWER AT SPRINGFIELD MILE

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

BRAD BAKER AND @HARLEY-DAVIDSON FACTORY TEAM ARE READY TO UNLEASH V-TWIN POWER AT #SPRINGFIELD MILE

Jared Mees and Kenny Coolbeth Join Harley Wrecking Crew for 2015

MILWAUKEE (May 21, 2015) – Harley-Davidson V-Twin thunder will rattle the Springfield Mile grandstands when the AMA Pro Harley-Davidson GNC1 presented by Vance & Hines flat track racing series hits the historic dirt oval at the Illinois State Fairgrounds Sunday, May 24. The Harley-Davidson® Screamin’ Eagle® Factory Team with rider Brad Baker will make its first outing of the season at the traditional Memorial Day weekend event, joined on the track by fellow Harley-Davidson Screamin’ Eagle Wrecking Crew riders Jared Mees and Kenny Coolbeth, each piloting a Harley-Davidson® XR750 motorcycle.

“It’s going to be a thrill to see and hear the big bikes out on the track for the first time this season,” said Harley-Davidson Racing Manager Kris Schoonover. “With our deep roots in the history of flat track racing, Harley-Davidson is excited to step up our involvement this year as the GNC1 title sponsor. I know the Factory Team is ready to go racing, and we’ve got a Wrecking Crew of Grand National champions flying the Bar and Shield banner this season. There’s a lot of fresh energy in flat track racing, and I think fans are in for an exciting season.”

Return of the Wrecking Crew
Racing in the fierce tradition of flat track legends, three ace riders with a combined six Grand National championships will wear Harley-Davidson colors and compete on the 2015 Harley-Davidson GNC1 series as the Harley-Davidson Screamin’ Eagle Wrecking Crew. The original Wrecking Crew was the official Harley-Davidson factory team that dominated motorcycle racing in the early 1920s. Racing for independent, dealer-owned teams that receive support from Harley-Davidson, the modern Wrecking Crew riders compete with the same spirit and intensity those original legends brought to the track.

Brad Baker/Harley-Davidson Screamin’ Eagle Factory Team
Brad “The Bullet” Baker, the 2013 Grand National Champion, returns for his second season on the Factory Team Harley-Davidson XR750 motorcycle.

“There’s going to be some really fast, close racing at Springfield this year,” said Baker. “We did some testing in Michigan last week and the XR750 feels stronger than ever. There’s been a real resurgence in flat track racing, with more brands and tight competition on the track. I’m happy to be racing Harley. For me, the XR750 offers the best balance of performance and power out there. I can count on the Harley Factory Team to put me on a great bike at every race.”

Baker says he is physically ready to race and recovered from injuries sustained in December 2014 at the Superprestigio Dirt Track race in Spain.

“My arm still has a little healing to do, but it does not bother me on the bike,” said Baker. “I’m at full strength on the track.”

Veteran tuner Craig Lager returns for a ninth season as crew chief for the Harley Factory Team, assisted by rider coach and set-up expert Mike Hacker
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.