Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

RECORD 15TH VICTORY AT NORTH WEST 200 FOR SEELEY & TYCO BMW

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

RECORD 15TH VICTORY AT NORTH WEST 200 FOR @SEELEY & @TYCO @BMW

17th May 2015
Nw200

Alastair Seeley continued BMW Motorrad’s winning streak at the International North West 200 by taking a fabulous Superbike victory for Tyco BMW on Saturday [May 16]. The win helped the Ulsterman go level of victories with the legendary Robert Dunlop – both men now sharing 15 wins apiece at the top of the all-time winners’ list.

The Tyco BMW rider is usually never short on words, but was well aware of his feat as he crossed the line in front of Ian Hutchinson and Bruce Anstey, and duly paid tribute to the late great Dunlop brothers, Joey and Robert.

“I’m a bit overwhelmed if I’m honest. To have equaled Robert’s record in such a short space of time… I’m stuck for words,” said Seeley. “I used to watch Joey and Robert race here as a boy, and to join Joey on thirteen wins on Thursday was an honour, but to join Robert now on fifteen is just amazing for me and the Tyco BMW team. Big credit to all the boys for a big effort this North West and of course BMW Motorrad for providing top class machinery.”

The double British champion also finished in second place after a thrilling duel in the Superstock class to fellow BMW rider Lee Johnston. Seeley led on numerous occasions throughout, and despite Johnston putting an embargo on him taking his 16th career win at the Triangle after an epic struggle, Seeley heaped praise on his local rival.

“I’m not a bit disappointed at all. It’s just good to be on the podium here at the North West in this type of company. Lee and I used each other to draft ourselves away from Dunlop on our BMWs, which were certainly stronger than the Yamaha. Hutchy came strong at the end but it’s a 1-2 for BMW Motorrad and you can’t ask for better than that.”

Results

Superbike Race – Winner: Alastair Seeley [Tyco BMW] 22mins 15.677sec; 2nd – Ian Hutchinson [PBM Kawasaki] 22mins 15.982sec; 3rd – Bruce Anstey [Padgett’s Honda] 22mins 16.220sec; 4th – Lee Johnston [ECR/Burdens BMW] 22mins 22.17.598sec; 5th – Michael Rutter [Penz13.com BMW] 22mins 19.200sec; 6th – John McGuinness [Honda Racing] 22mins 20.644sec

Fastest Lap – Alastair Seeley 121.967mph

Superstock Race – Winner: Lee Johnston [BMW] 22min 17.138sec; 2nd – Alastair Seeley [BMW] 22min 17.330sec; 3rd – Ian Hutchinson [Kawasaki] 22min 17.557sec; 4th – Michael Dunlop [Yamaha] 22min 18.299sec; 5th – William Dunlop [BMW] 22min 31.884sec; 6th – Martin Jessopp [BMW] 22min 32.157sec

More to come on this year’s International North West 200 experience for Tyco BMW.
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.