JASON ANDERSON 3RD AT HANGTOWN FOR ROCKSTAR ENERGY HUSQVARNA FACTORY RACING!

Daily Motorcycle News has moved Here
totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

JASON ANDERSON 3RD AT HANGTOWN FOR ROCKSTAR ENERGY HUSQVARNA FACTORY RACING!

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

JASON ANDERSON 3RD AT HANGTOWN FOR @ROCKSTAR ENERGY @HUSQVARNA FACTORY #RACING!

POURCEL FINISHES 8TH IN 450MX IN FIRST RACE FOR THE TEAM

#RockstarEnergy #Husqvarna Factory Racing’s Jason Anderson, Christophe Pourcel, Zach Osborne and Zach Bell kicked off 2015 Motocross with a stop at the series opener, held at the Hangtown MX Classic in Sacramento, Calif. Anderson, in his 450MX debut, had an excellent start to the season by earning his first podium in the class. Pourcel, Osborne and Bell all displayed speed, and are looking forward to battling at round two of the series next Saturday at Glen Helen in San Bernardino, Calif. Teammate Martin Davalos was unable to race due to illness.

450MX

Jason Anderson had a very successful start to his rookie 450MX season. After a mid-pack start in moto 1, both he and his teammate, Christophe Pourcel, started making passes to gain positions. Anderson and Pourcel made their way up to fourth and sixth, respectively, with 22 minutes to go aboard their Husqvarna FC 450s. Anderson stayed aggressive and made the pass for third. Pourcel continued to lurk in the sixth-place spot, and made a quick pass on Weston Peick for fifth with 15 minutes to go. Anderson held his ground and continued to battle for his place on the podium the rest of the moto. His determination paid off, as he successfully held off competitors and finished third. Pourcel also held strong in his position and finished fifth.
Anderson and Pourcel started in the top-10 in the second 450 moto, with both riders charging ahead for positions. Anderson fought hard the entire race and finished seventh. The 3-7 finish gave him third on the day, his first podium in 450MX. Pourcel eventually settled in 12th. The 5-12 finish gave him eighth overall.

“My weekend was good,” said Anderson. “I had a good first moto. I felt pretty good, my arm just got a little tired. I ended up seventh in moto two, but still got the podium, which is pretty cool. This was my first outdoor on a 450 so I’m pretty happy with that. This was one of the roughest tracks I’ve ever ridden, but I’m glad I made it through it and got on the box.”
“Today was ok,” said Pourcel. “It’s my first race back in 12 months, so it was tough. The speed is there. The goal is to be in the top 10 in the first five races so we got that. We’re still trying to get me more comfortable with the team and the bike, and I think we’ll have a good setup. I have the speed to be in the top five and the goal is to fight for that every weekend. I got a bad start and rode a little tight in the second moto. I have to fix a few things, but I’ll rebound next weekend. I got eighth overall so I’m happy with that as my first race back.”

250MX

Zach Osborne had a rough first moto after starting in the back of the pack. His 20th-place finish motivated him to charge even harder in the second moto. He showed serious speed and determination aboard his Husqvarna FC 250 in moto two. He applied the pressure, made passes and completed the season opener in fifth. His 20-5 finish gave him 12th overall. Teammate Zach Bell started the 250MX season on shaky ground. After crashing in both motos, Bell’s 17-19 finish gave him 21st overall on the day. He is looking forward to recovering next week at Glen Helen.

“The first moto wasn’t good, but I turned it around in the second moto,” said Osborne. “In moto two I got off to a decent start, worked my way up to fifth, and was right there for third and fourth. I have a lot of positive things to take away from the second moto. I got my bike set up a lot better in the second moto, and now I can carry a little momentum from that to Glen Helen.”

“The day started off good with 5th in first practice,” said Bell. “I couldn’t get a clear lap in the second practice. I got a horrible start in the first moto and worked my way up to 13, but had a bad crash on the last lap. I got a decent start in the second moto, but I got cleaned out and ran over in the second turn and was dead last. I came back to 19th. It was a rough day, but I'm still healthy so we will move on to the next!”

Photos: Simon Cudby
CAPTION 1: Jason Anderson earned his first 450MX podium at Hangtown on Saturday!
CAPTION 2: Pourcel earned a top-10 finish after being absent from the racing scene for 12 months.
CAPTION 3: After a hard-charging second moto, Zach Osborne finished 12th overall in 250MX.
CAPTION 4: Zach Bell had a rough weekend, but is looking forward to a comeback next weekend at Glen Helen.

Hangtown Results:

250MX
1. Jeremy Martin
2. Marvin Musquin
3. Chris Alldredge

12. Zach Osborne - Rockstar Energy Husqvarna Factory Racing

21. Zach Bell – Rockstar Energy Husqvarna Factory Racing

250MX Rider Point Standings:
1. Jeremy Martin - 47 points
2. Marvin Musquin - 47 points
3. Chris Alldredge - 36 points
4. Alex Martin - 33 points
5. Anthony Rodriguez - 29 points
6. Aaron Plessinger - 24 points
7. Joey Savatgy - 24 points
8. Adam Cianciarulo - 22 points
9. Matt Bisceglia - 20 points
10. Cooper Webb - 20 points

12. Zach Osborne – 17 points

21. Zach Bell – 6 points
450MX
1. Eli Tomac
2. Ryan Dungey
3. Jason Anderson – Rockstar Energy Husqvarna Factory Racing

8. Christophe Pourcel – Rockstar Energy Husqvarna Factory Racing

450MX Rider Point Standings:
1. Eli Tomac – 50 points
2. Ryan Dungey – 44 points
3. Jason Anderson – 34 points
4. Weston Peick – 33 points
5. Blake Baggett – 33 points
6. Broc Tickle – 28 points
7. Brett Metcalfe – 26 points
8. Christophe Pourcel – 25 points
9. Fredrik Noren – 22 points
10. Phil Nicoletti – 19 points
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.