Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Front row start for John McGuinness at the North West 200

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Front row start for John #McGuinness at the North West 200

Today in sunny and dry conditions the second and final qualifying session for the 2015 North West 200 in Northern Ireland took place. Honda Racing’s John McGuinness and Conor Cummins will start Saturday’s Superbike bike races from third and ninth on the grid.

Due to a delay in the Supersport session qualifying for Superbike was reduced to 35-minutes, but a red flag 25-minutes in saw the session finish early due to a non-race related incident. Practice was also affected on Tuesday due to weather conditions on the 8.9-mile circuit.

The combined qualifying times put McGuinness on the front row of the grid in third place and Cummins will start on the third row in ninth onboard the Honda CBR1000RR Fireblade SP, for Saturday's two Superbike races.

The schedule for Saturday is below, with roads closing at 0930hrs BST.

Supersport (6 laps)
Superbike (7 laps)
Supertwin (4 laps)
Superstock (6 laps)
Superbike (7 laps)

For the latest news and information on the team follow @HondaRacingCBR

John McGuinness

We’ve got a really solid package with the Superbike and probably one of the best bikes out there. I’m really happy to be starting from the front row of the grid on Saturday. I’m feeling great this year; last year was tough with my wrist injury but all that’s behind me now and it’s not causing me any problems. We’re solid and I am really looking forward to seeing what we can do on race day.

Conor Cummins

The practice sessions have been eventful this week and we’ve not managed a clean run so far with the weather on Tuesday and the session unfortunately being red flagged and cut short today. I did have a good run on the Superbike today though and am feeling ready to race it now, and can’t wait until Saturday.

Neil Tuxworth

Today’s session finished a little bit early due to a house fire, but it’s the same for all teams. John ended up third overall, which sees him on the front row of the grid and Conor was ninth overall so he will start from the third row for Saturday’s races. It was a good session all-round for us and it was dry compared to Tuesday. Both riders are very happy with no problems to report and we’re looking forward to race day.
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.