Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Yamaha Racing Aim For Enduro 1 Podium At GP of Portugal

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

@Yamaha #Racing Aim For Enduro 1 Podium At GP of #Portugal

Yamaha Racing head to the third round of the FIM Enduro World Championship in Portugal aiming for continued podium results
Determined to build on their impressive showing at the GP of Spain, Team Yamaha Miglio have their sights set on putting the WR250F back on the podium in Portugal this weekend.
Showing that he's now firmly over his preseason shoulder injury, Cristobal Guerrero led Team Yamaha Miglio to success at Jerez in Spain by claiming two well-deserved top three results. Feeling much more comfortable and confident, the Spaniard knows that he has the pace required to run at the front of the highly competitive Enduro 1 category.
For EWC newcomer Gianluca Martini the GP of Spain was another productive outing. Beginning to find his feet in the Enduro 1 class the Yamaha rider showed the speed needed to fight for a top eighth position. But with a couple of mistakes hampering his progress, the Italian hopes to reduce those errors and improve his position in Portugal.
Yamaha Motor France's Marc Bourgeois enjoyed a competitive outing at the GP of Spain despite not favouring the extremely dusty conditions, placing fifth and sixth. Heading to more technical terrain in Portugal, Bourgeois looks to challenge for a podium finish.
The Maxxis FIM Enduro World Championship continues in Gouveia, Portugal on May 16/17.

Cristobal Guerrero – Enduro 1

"The GP of Spain was an incredibly rewarding weekend. Personally it felt great to finally show the form I'm capable of. After my winter injury I felt a little behind where I should have been in Chile. Getting two podium results in Spain is a massive confidence boost. I know it's something I can now improve on. Also it was great to reward the team with these results for their efforts. We're still a young team in the paddock but we're very focused on achieving great things. I'm looking forward to keeping this momentum rolling in Portugal this weekend."

Gianluca Martini – Enduro 1

"I'm pleased with how the GP of Spain went. It was a very competitive weekend of racing on some extremely physically demanding special tests. I felt that my speed was good enough to push for eighth both days but some little mistakes held me back. In Portugal I know I need to reduce those errors in order to become more consistent. That will be my main focus."

Massimo Miglio - Team Yamaha Miglio Team Manager
"It's great that the GP of Portugal is coming just one weekend after Spain. After Cristobal's double podium result we go there in high spirits and are hungry for more success. Our goal is to continue making the necessary steps in the right direction in a calculated way. At this level it's all about putting the pieces of the puzzle together to become a consistent threat in the fight for victory."

Championship Standings (After Round Two) - Enduro 1
1. Christophe Nambotin (KTM) 77pts
2. Eero Remes (TM) 67pts
3. Daniel McCanney (Husqvarna) 53pts
4. Cristobal Guerrero (Yamaha) 52pts
5. Marc Bourgeois (Yamaha) 51pts

8. Gianluca Martini (Yamaha) 28pts
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.