Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

All roads lead to South Australia for Yamaha Racing

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

All roads lead to South #Australia for @Yamaha #Racing

The MX Nationals changes tack this weekend as the series moves to South Australia and the softer dirt of the Murray Bridge circuit. After three rounds on hard pack clay, riders and teams are looking forward to the change on dirt scenery and the challenges it provides.

All three of Yamaha's support teams are well placed in the championship with CDR's Yamaha Kade Mosig holding down third place in the MX1 class, Luke Clout and Jed Beaton make for a Serco Yamaha one and two in the MX2 category while Wilson Todd heads the points chase on his GYTR Yamaha in MXD.

CDR Yamaha – MX1
With the in house incident at round three well and truly put behind them, the CDR Yamaha team are primed and ready to go. The three week break between rounds three and four has given both Kade Mosig and Daniel Reardon time to recover from small injuries and both will hit the Murray Bridge fit and raring to go.

KTM's Kirk Gibbs leads the MX1 championship after three rounds and is clearly the man to beat, especially as the round four is on the home patch of the native South Australian but with six rounds of racing still to come, there is still a long way to go before a winner is crowned in this championship.

Mosig holds down third in the points and has shown huge improvement in his racing this season. His 2015 success has come on hard dirt which previously hasn't been his strong point and he now approaches Murray Bridge high on confidence and racing on a more familiar surface.

"The season has started well for me and third after three rounds is a good position to be in. The next two rounds, Murray Bridge and Coolum, are strong circuits for me and ones that I have done well at in the past so it's important I can use that to my advantage again and close down the points' gap between myself and the championship leader," Mosig explains.

Dan Reardon continues to silence his critics with gutsy performances week in, week out in the MX Nationals. He shows no signs on having spent two years on the sidelines and only bad luck has stopped him from being much higher on the championship table.

"I have been working really hard on my return to racing and all up things have been going well. I feel like I'm a legitimate chance to win every race I enter now and I think it will only improve from here. I like the surface at Murray Bridge and look forward to getting down there and racing again," Reardon ends.

Social Media: www.facebook.com/cdryamaha or @cdryamaha

SERCO Yamaha – MX2
The MX2 championship is shaping up well for the Serco Yamaha team as both riders, Luke Clout and Jed Beaton, sit first and second respectively as we move towards round four. Both riders have been at the head of the field at each round with Beaton taking the win at the opening round and Clout winning rounds two and three.

Clout comes off a strong performance at round three with a near perfect days racing. It was the first time in his MX Nationals career that he has been the fastest qualifier and then go on and win both motos but he hasn't been sitting on his hands between rounds and is ready for the next step in the championship hunt at Murray Bridge.

"The first three rounds have gone well and I feel like my riding is stepped up from last season. My starts have been better this year and I have been able to capitalize on that and turn them into race wins.

"I won my first ever MX2 round at Murray Bridge in 2013 and I really enjoy racing at that track," Clout said.

Jed Beaton continues to show he is mature beyond his years as the 17 year old Victorian takes in up to the best MX2 riders in the country at every round. Beaton has shown he has the pace to win races from the front or charge down riders from behind and will only get faster has he gains experience racing at the highest levels. He carries confidence into Murray Bridge after winning round two of the Victorian Motocross championship last weekend.

"I have enjoyed racing MX2 this year and apart from a couple of crashes at round two, things are going really well. There is always some fast guys to race at each round and I try and learn as much as I can from racing with them. My aim is to be on the podium at each round and that's the goal I take into this weekend."

Social Media; www.facebook.com/sercoyamaha or @sercoyamaha

GYTR Yamaha – MXD
While the GYTR Yamaha team lead the points chase in the MXD class, it hasn't been an easy road for the team in 2015. Wilson Todd, who sits 26 points ahead on the table has had to overcome a range of nagging injuries at the opening three rounds and had to use a cool head to outsmart his rivals, rather than out race them, but the young rider is always up for the challenge.

"The opening three rounds have been difficult at times and I just tried to get through the days as best I could. I was able to step up in riding and training between the rounds and even contested a Victorian state championship round at Ballarat so it was good to get some more racing under my belt."

Mitch Evans is undoubtedly the hard luck story of the MXD championship so far. After being the fastest qualifier at round one, Evans fell and fractured his wrist. He worked hard on his recovery and returned for round three, only to be involved in a second corner pile up that saw a rider run over his leg, damaging his Tibia. Evans is now sidelined until round six of the championship.

Social Media; www.facebook.com/GYTRYamaha or @gytr_yamaha_team

The support class at this round is the Over 40 vets. The pre round favourite is former pro racer, now Victorian Y-Aim agent, Cameron Taylor, who continues to display pro like speed since his retirement from racing.

Action gets under way at Murray Bridge this Sunday at 8.30am. For more information on the MX Nationals, hit up the website, or watch the event streamlined live on www.NRGTV.com.au

Championship Standings – After Round Three
MX1
1st Kirk Gibbs – 204
2nd Luke Styke – 185
3rd Kade Mosig – 169 (CDR Yamaha)
4th Adam Monea – 159
5th Lawson Bopping – 158
6th Cody Cooper – 151
7th Dylan Long – 144
8th Jesse Dobson – 140
9th Kale Makeham – 135
10th Daniel Reardon – 124 (CDR Yamaha)

MX2
1st Luke Clout – 200 (Serco Yamaha)
2nd Jed Beaton – 180 (Serco Yamaha)
3rd Jay Wilson – 175
4th Takeshi Katsuya – 171
5th Wade Hunter -145
6th Dylan Wills – 129
7th Hamish Harwood – 126
8th Dylan Leary – 119
9th Luke Arbon – 115
10th Riley Graham - 113

MXD
1st Wilson Todd – 158 (GYTR Yamaha)
2nd Jesse Madden – 132
3rd Toby Stevens – 123
4th Connor Tierney – 122
5th Kaleb Barham -122
6th Wayde Carter – 122
7th Bailey Coxon – 118
8th Jonte Reynders – 111
9th Jayden Rykers – 111
10th Ryan Shadbolt - 97
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.