Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Team Yamaha MGM Ready for Second Superbike IDM Round in Zolder

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Team @Yamaha @MGM Ready for Second Superbike IDM Round in #Zolder

Having opened the Superbike*IDM International German Championship two weeks ago with two superb second place podium finishes, the Team Yamaha MGM is excited to head to Circuit Zolder for the second round.

Max Neukirchner clearly displayed the potential of the all-new YZF-R1M right from the start of the Superbike*IDM season. Having been a key protagonist throughout the weekend, he claimed pole position at the star-studded starting grid and topped it off with two strong second place podium finishes. These results earned the German 40 points, moving him up to second place in the championship standings. He looks forward to give the competition another run for their money this weekend in Zolder, where he scored his first win last year.

Teammate Damian Cudlin is also eager to get back aboard his YF-R1M and compete for top results. He was on the pace at the first round but had a challenging start to his title aspirations, scoring a DNF in the first race and just finishing off the podium in fourth place in the second outing. He holds seventh in the championship standings with 13 points, but is confident that he can earn valuable points this weekend on Belgian soil, where he won in 2013.

The 4.011 km long Circuit Zolder is a legendary Belgian racetrack that’s known for its demanding character. The 1963 built traditional circuit started hosting the Motorcycle World Championship from 1980 onwards. The course is divided into three parts, the first section being known for its fluent and fast corners, followed by three chicanes and the famous Sacraments Hill, which offers a spectacular view for the spectators.

Max Neukirchner

Championship: 2nd

"Zolder is one of the most demanding tracks in our calendar with many chicanes and up and down sections, making it hard to ride. You have to be really fit, so in preparation for this weekend I got an extra treatment on my forearms with my physiotherapist to make sure I won't have any physical problems. I'm looking forward to this weekend, because it's the place where I celebrated my first win last year. At the same time I'm aware that Markus Reiterberger will be giving everything as it's the home round for his team boss. In addition I'm sure the competition will have improved from their difficult start. As always I'll give everything I can to beat them."

Damian Cudlin

Championship: 7th

"Honestly, since I missed the podium in Lausitzring with the fourth place in race two, all I've wanted to do is go racing again, so I'm obviously looking forward to Zolder this weekend. It's a very challenging circuit, for both man and machine, but I've won there before so I hope to be just as competitive this year."

Michael Galinski - Team Manager
"We were pretty satisfied with what we could achieve at the first round considering the bike was brand new. The whole project is new, but I'm glad we're already competitive. We're still looking for a little more stability and some more grip at the exit of the corner. In addition we want to improve the top speed, but these are just minor details. We're nearly there where we want to be. We're looking forward to the next round in Zolder and going to work at some of the details to improve race by race."
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.