Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Coghlan and Yamaha YZF-R1M Fourth at Imola

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

@Coghlan and @Yamaha #YZF-R1M Fourth at @Imola

MRS #Yamaha Superstock 1000 FIM Cup rider Kev Coghlan took his new YZF-R1M to fourth place in the 14-lap race at Imola, having moved up from a qualifying position of sixth.

His team-mate Florian Marino crashed out on lap two after contesting a top five position, highsiding in a chicane and suffering dislocated fractures to his left radius and ulna, as he battled for track position. He will undergo an operation to his forearm to help his recovery.

Imola had proved to be a tough challenge in practice but thanks to improvements made in the relatively new machine's race set-up Coghlan was able to run to a clear fourth place. He was less than four seconds from what would have been a second podium, following on from his third place in the Aragon round.

Coghlan remains fourth in the overall championship after taking 13 points at Imola and he now has a total of 39 after three of the scheduled eight rounds have been completed.

Jeremy Guarnoni from Team Trasimeno Yamaha scored a strong sixth place at Imola, as Sylvain Barrier (G.M. Racing Yamaha Team) took points for the second time in 2015, placing tenth in the race for his best finish of the year. Consistent points scorer Guarnoni is seventh overall and Barrier is 13th. Marino is ninth in the points after three rounds.

The next race takes place at Coghlan's home round, Donington Park in the UK, with raceday on Sunday 24th May.

Kev Coghlan

4th / +6.694/ 9 laps

"Ultimately the result is not too bad. At times we have had a really difficult weekend, working with the bike in different directions but I think we had the best overall set-up of the weekend in the race. I got a decent start and tried to hold on from there. The guys in front were just faster than us today and in Donington we are going to have to make that step and be closer to today's front three. We made some changes to give me a bit more support when I am braking in the turns but the biggest area we are losing out is when driving off the turns. So in trying to make up time on the brakes we are pushing the front as well."

Adrian Morillas – MRS Yamaha Team Manager
"I think fourth position was a positive thing because at the end of the race Kev did the same lap times as at the beginning, so this is a good thing for us. Now we have to work to be faster at the start of the race. I think for the next race we can have something to help us to win. We are here to win and we're all working hard to achieve this target. Florian's crash was very unfortunate. He had a great pace and was up there with the front group. We hope he will have a fast recovery and be back on the bike soon."

2015 STK1000 Italy

Imola 10/05/2015 14 Laps

race I
1 Lorenzo Savadori Aprilia ITA 25'49.970
2 Roberto Tamburini BMW ITA 0'02.268
3 Ondrej Jezek Ducati CZE 0'07.279
4 Kev Coghlan Yamaha GBR 0'10.805
5 Fabio Massei Ducati ITA 0'15.198
6 Jeremy Guarnoni Yamaha FRA 0'20.687
7 Tony Coveña Ducati NLD 0'21.897
8 Luca Salvadori Ducati ITA 0'26.674
9 Denni Schiavoni BMW ITA 0'32.647
10 Sylvain Barrier Yamaha FRA 0'36.028
11 Sebastien Suchet Kawasaki CHE 0'37.426
12 Christoffer Bergman Yamaha SWE 0'38.241
13 Peter Sebestyen Kawasaki HUN 0'39.707
14 Marc Moser Ducati DE 0'39.958
15 Kevin Calia Aprilia ITA 0'40.121
16 Luca Marconi Yamaha ITA 0'45.193

Circuit Length:
Weather:
Sunny
No standings found!
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.