Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Hollis Holds Strong For CDR Yamaha Off Road

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

#Hollis Holds Strong For CDR #Yamaha Off Road

Chris Hollis flew the CDR Yamaha flag at the opening round of the Australian Off Road Championship (AORC) with pride, turning in strong performances over the two day event to be well placed as the championship moves forward.

Competitors converged on Kilkivan, near Gympie in Queensland for the opening round where they were greeted with hot, humid and dusty conditions to get the 2015 championship under way.

Despite only being back on the bike for only a couple of weeks after a shoulder injury, Hollis finished the opening day in fifth place outright but ruing some mistakes that cost him valuable time and points. Hollis had the speed to take the opening round, winning two special tests during the day but a fall and a derailing chain stole some of his thunder and as a result, he dropped to fifth for the day, but determined to rebound on day two.

After some overnight rain, competitors were back at it the following day and this time Hollis rounded out the day in second place outright on his Yamaha YZ450F. Hollis had a relatively smooth day and shadowed round winner Toby Price throughout the day and with his 5-2 results, he now sits third Outright and second in the E2 class.

"I went into the event a little underdone after separating my shoulder at the opening round of the Enduro-X so with limited time on the bike, the weekends results were just what we needed to get the championship safely underway," Hollis explains.

"The bike was great all weekend and I really enjoy being on the YZ450F. It has a heap of power, yet it's really light and nimble in the bush.

"With some more riding between now and the next round, I hope to be back closer to 100% and to start challenging for round and outright wins," Hollis ends.

Hollis was the lone ranger for the CDR Yamaha Off Road Team at the AORC season opener as team mate and E1 (250cc) pilot, Tom McCormack, recovers from a broken wrist suffered at the final round of the Australian Enduro-X championship last weekend.

After a turbulent build up to the opening round with both is his riders sustaining injuries, Team Manager, Craig Dack, left the Kilkivan venue upbeat about the teams' championship prospects.

"It was a good start for Chris and I'm pleased with how he has gotten himself up to speed so quickly after his injury," explains Dack. "He was in a position to win the opening day and showed just how good he can be but a few things prevented him from getting the best result. Day two was more about consolidation and he did exactly that and we are through the first round safe and sound and in a good position to contend for this championship over the next 10 rounds," Dack said.

Rounds three and four of the AORC will be held in Hedley, Victoria on April 18/ 19.
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.