DIFFICULT WEEKEND FOR ROCKSTAR ENERGY HUSQVARNA FACTORY RACING'S ANDERSON AND DAVALOS AT DETROIT SUPERCROSS

Daily Motorcycle News has moved Here
totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

DIFFICULT WEEKEND FOR ROCKSTAR ENERGY HUSQVARNA FACTORY RACING'S ANDERSON AND DAVALOS AT DETROIT SUPERCROSS

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

DIFFICULT WEEKEND FOR #ROCKSTAR ENERGY #HUSQVARNA FACTORY #RACING'S ANDERSON AND DAVALOS AT DETROIT SUPERCROSS

@Rockstar Energy Husqvarna Factory Racing’s Jason Anderson and Martin Davalos had a rough night at Detroit’s Ford Field on Saturday for the 12th round of the 2015 Supercross series. Unfortunately, both riders suffered from incidents in their main events that left them unable to finish the night. Anderson and Davalos leave the Motor City eighth overall in the 450SX class and ninth overall in the 250SX East class, respectively.

Martin Davalos had a decent start in his heat race and immediately started navigating his way through the pack to put himself in qualifying position. He made an impressive pass aboard his Husqvarna FC 250 in the whoops, but lost his timing in a section to follow. He stayed focused and battled his way back to a fourth-place finish to qualify for the main. Davalos got a top-five start in the main, but ended up going down after going off the track. He was unable to finish the race after the incident, and is currently ninth overall in 250SX East rider point standings.

"It's been a really rough season so far,” said Davalos. “I'm just happy I found out what is going on with me so I can work on it and make a plan on race day. My practices were solid all day. I was up around fifth in the main and was working on moving forward. I clipped the landing of a triple and it shot me up into the berm. I hit another guy and it caused me to pin it and I flew over the berm onto the concrete. I'm feeling pretty sore from the crash, but hopefully I will be ok for St. Louis."

Jason Anderson had a mid-pack start in his heat and continued to charge for the remainder of the race. He made a last-lap pass to finish third and transfer to the main. In the main, Anderson started in the back of the pack, but quickly moved his Husqvarna FC 450 into the top-10 by the second lap. He worked his way up to sixth by lap seven before getting his foot caught in a rut in the rhythm section causing a dramatic crash. He was unable to finish the race, and is currently eighth overall in 450SX rider point standings.

“After my toughest weekend of the year last weekend in Indy, I really wanted to rebound this weekend,” said Anderson. “My practices were just average but I felt really good when it was time to race. I qualified directly out of my heat race and felt like I was riding well. I got a decent start in the main and made my way into the top 5. I thought I had at least a fourth in me, but then I went down hard in a rhythm section and I'm pretty beat up.”
PHOTO CAPTIONS (Pics Simon Cudby)
1. Jason Anderson takes over eighth overall in 450SX rider point standings after a dramatic crash forced him out of the race in Detroit.
2. Martin Davalos is ninth overall in 250SX East rider point standings after a crash prevented him from finishing the 250 main.
Detroit Supercross Results:
250SX East Main Event
1. Justin Bogle
2. Marvin Musquin
3. Joey Savatgy

22 (DNF). Martin Davalos - Rockstar Energy Husqvarna Factory Racing
250SX East Rider Point Standings:
1. Marvin Musquin – 144 points
2. Justin Bogle – 131 points
3. Jeremy Martin – 103 points
4. Joey Savatgy – 93 points
5. Rj Hampshire – 84 points
6. James Decotis – 69 points
7. Anthony Rodriguez – 68 points
8. Kyle Peters – 65 points
9. Martin Davalos – 63 points
10. Vince Friese – 58 points

450 Main Event
1. Eli Tomac
2. Ryan Dungey
3. Cole Seely

21 (DNF). Jason Anderson - Rockstar Energy Husqvarna Factory Racing
450 Rider Point Standings:
1. Ryan Dungey – 271 points
2. Trey Canard – 204 points
3. Eli Tomac – 194 point
4. Cole Seely – 180 points
5. Chad Reed – 170 points
6. Ken Roczen – 156 points
7. Blake Baggett – 154 points
8. Jason Anderson – 145 points
9. Andrew Short – 136 points
10. Broc Tickle – 134 points
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.