Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Green Locks Down Second Place In AUS Enduro-X

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Green Locks Down Second Place In AUS #EnduroX

@Active8 @Yamaha @Yamalube racer, Josh Green, secured second place in the 2015 Insure My Ride Australian Enduro-X Championship after action wrapped up at the final round of the series at Melbourne's Calder Park, over the weekend.

Green had been a model of consistency at the opening two rounds and continued that trend taking third spot on the night after the three points paying finals were concluded. Green finished with 2-3-3 results in the Pro class to finish behind US Import Mike Brown and Toby Price.

His 2-3-3 round finishes comfortably secured second place in the championship, making him the highest placed Australian rider as the championship was won by Mike Brown.

"Another good night for myself and the team," Green said at the end of racing. "It's been our goal from round one to stay consistent and not wipe myself out with a crash or a bad race so it is rewarding to achieve that and get on the podium for Yamaha and the entire Active8 team.

"Congratulations to Mike Brown who rode extremely well all series and deserved his win. He was a bit above us all this year but it was still important for me to be the highest placed Australian rider and get through the championship in good health.

"We now have a quick turn around with the AORC starting next week and I feel like myself and the team are well placed and look forward to getting back out in the bush," Green ends.

Team Manager, AJ Roberts, has helped guide Green through his first Enduro-X championship after he missed last years' series due to injury and is pleased with the results his team was able to achieve.

"Josh has raced all three rounds with a good combination of speed and consistency and has been impressive in his mature approach to what can be a pretty cut throat format. He made the podium every round and I think his worst finish in a final was fifth place.

"The WR250F has been the perfect bike for Enduro-X and has stood up to the pounding it gets at every round. We have been impressed with its performance and Josh couldn't have had a better bike underneath him.

"We return to AORC mode next week as the opening round of the AORC kicks off in Queensland and we are back to full strength with the return of Beau Ralston. Both riders are looking forward to the AORC and we hope to continue the good results in the outdoors."

Australian Enduro - X
Round Three Results - Calder Park
1st Mike Brown - 75
2nd Toby Price - 64
3rd Josh Green - 62 (Active8 Yamaha)
4th Tom McCormack - 46 (CDR Yamaha)
5th Mitch Harper - 45

Final Championship Standings
1st Mike Brown -222
2nd Josh Green - 180 (WR250F)
3rd Toby Price - 173
4th Tye Simmonds - 141
5th Daniel Saunders - 133
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.