Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

ANOTHER KTM SUPERCROSS SWEEP WITH DUNGEY AND MUSQUIN AGAIN IN THE ASCENDENCY

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

ANOTHER @KTM #SUPERCROSS SWEEP WITH DUNGEY AND MUSQUIN AGAIN IN THE #ASCENDENCY

@RedBull #KTM factory riders continued their charge in Indianapolis on Saturday night with Ryan Dungey taking his third consecutive win in Round 11 of the 450-class Supercross after Marvin Musquin secured his third consecutive win in the 250-class East Coast series earlier in the evening. This win marked Dungey’s fifth this season.

Dungey was placed in the second 450 Supercross heat where he got a sixth place start after BTO Sport/KTM’s Andrew Short, pulled the holeshot. Dungey was up to fourth place before the end of the opening lap but then dropped a position over the whoops. He went on to recover fourth place to pick up the final transfer spot into the main event.

When the gate dropped for the main event, Dungey got a great jump, was second at the first corner and quickly moved into the lead. Once out front, he pulled a comfortable gap and crossed the finish line with almost a four-second lead to pick up his fifth win of the season. He has now extended his lead to 45-points in the championship standings.

“I’m taking every race one at a time,” stated Dungey. “It’s a long series and you can’t get too far ahead of yourself. I owe everything to my team and the man above. This track was really tough today. Everyone was running the same pace and it provided a good challenge today. The start was key, and luckily, I got a good one.”
Dungey, a Red Bull athlete, rides the KTM 450 SX-F Factory Edition.

Third consecutive win for Musquin in 250-class action
Earlier in the evening Red Bull KTM Factory rider Marvin Musquin was in blustering form to take an impressive win by a margin of 22 seconds in the 250-class East Coast series in front of the crowd at the Lucas Oil Stadium.

Musquin was once again on top of his game right from the practice sessions. The French rider turned the fastest time of the afternoon qualifying sessions and had a great gate pick for the second 250 heat. And while he did get pushed to the outside at the start as riders rounded the first corner he stayed on track and recovered to fifth place to quickly move into the top three in the first half lap. On lap three he took over the lead and once there went on to secure an easy race win and the top transfer spot into the main event.

Musquin got another decent start in the main and was third at the first corner. He then put down the hammer and was in the lead by the second lap. He was then in a league of his own. By the end of the 15-lap race, he had pulled a remarkable 22-second lead as he thrilled the crowd with his trademark heel-clicker over the finish to collect his fourth win of the season.

“My bike was flawless tonight,” stated Musquin. “I am very excited to get a win here and stretch my point lead. I haven’t lost the red plate yet and I am excited to keep it heading to the next round.” Musquin, a Red Bull athlete competes on the KTM 250-SX-F Factory Edition.

Photos: Simon Cudby
US Supercross Round 11 at Indianapolis
Overall Results – 450-class
1, Ryan Dungey – KTM
2, Cole Seely
3, Trey Canard
4, Weston Peick
5, Davi Millsaps
6, Andrew Short – KTM
7, Josh Grant
8, Broc Tickle
9, Chad Reed
10, Jake Weimer
Overall Point Standings 450-class after Round 11
1, Ryan Dungey – 249
2, Trey Canard – 204
3, Eli Tomac – 169
250-class East Coast Series
Results Round 5
1, Marvin Musquin – KTM
2, Justin Bogle
3, RJ Hampshire
4, Jordon Smith
5, Kyle Cunningham
6, James Decotis
7, Kyle Peters
8, Colt Nichols
9, Vince Friese
10, Jace Owen
Overall Point Standings 250-class after Round 5
1, Marvin Musquin – 122
2, Justin Bogle – 106
3, Jeremy Martin – 85
Next Event: Detroit, MI – March 21, 2015
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.