Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

GOMEZ AND MCCANNEY BATTLE ON IN BRAZIL

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

#GOMEZ AND #MCCANNEY BATTLE ON IN #BRAZIL

@BelRay @Husqvarna Factory Racing team riders Alfredo Gomez and Danny McCanney were both in action at round five of the FIM SuperEnduro World Championship in Belo Horizonte, Brazil – the penultimate round of the six-event 2015 series.

Following on from the Mexican event one week earlier, it was again Gomez who secured the best results for Husqvarna placing fifth overall despite an eventful night’s racing. With an exciting track ensuring plenty of on-track action Gomez was made to work hard in each of the two opening races. Starting eighth the Spaniard fought his way into sixth, results that would have been better were it not for several mistakes and incidents. Saving his best for the third and last final, Alfredo ended the opening lap in fifth before improving one position to claim a strong fourth, giving him fifth overall.

Competing alongside Gomez was Danny McCanney. Gaining further important experience in his first full season of senior class competition, Danny endured a tough night despite showing good pace. A strong start in the opening race saw the Manxman banging bars near the front of the race before mistakes saw him eventually place ninth. Crashing at the start and starting ninth in the second final Danny was unable to make his way forward and finished in the same position as he started. Another frustrating race saw Danny place eighth in the third and closing final.

Alfredo Gomez: “It’s been great racing these two SuperEnduro events in Mexico and Brazil, but I made so many mistakes and crashes in Brazil. I still managed to come away with fifth overall, which is good, but I know it could have been a lot, lot better. I tried as hard as I could but just couldn’t get a decent rhythm going. There was always something – small mistakes or crashing with other riders.”

Danny McCanney: “Things just didn’t happen for me in Brazil. I hurt my leg during last weekend’s race in Mexico and it made things tough for me here in Brazil. I couldn’t gel with the track and I wasn’t able to get a good feeling with the conditions. I struggled in the logs and rocks most. In race two I crashed off the start and in race three I collided with another rider in the first rock section and went down. We have one more SuperEnduro event for this series so I want to make the most of it and end the series with the best result I can.

Results – FIM SuperEnduro World Championship, Rnd 5

Prestige overall
1. Cody Webb (KTM) 53 points; 2. David Knight (KTM) 50 points; 3. Taddy Blazusiak (KTM) 45; 4. Jonny Walker (KTM) 40; 5. Alfredo Gomez (Husqvarna) 33; 6. Dani Gibert (Gas Gas) 29… 9. Danny McCanney (Husqvarna) 22

Race 1
1. Cody Webb (KTM); 2. Jonny Walker (KTM); 3. David Knight (KTM)… 6. Alfredo Gomez (Husqvarna); 9 Danny McCanney (Husqvarna)…

Race 2
1. Jonny Walker (KTM); 2. Cody Webb (KTM); 3. Taddy Blazusiak (KTM)… 6. Alfredo Gomez (Husqvarna); 9. Danny McCanney (Husqvarna)…

Race 3
1. David Knight (KTM); 2. Taddy Blazusiak (KTM); 3. Cody Webb (KTM); 4. Alfredo Gomez (Husqvarna); 8. Danny McCanney (Husqvarna)…
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.