Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Josh Green Takes Another Podium At Sydeny Enduro-X

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Josh Green Takes Another Podium At Sydeny #EnduroX

#Active8 #Yamaha's Josh Green secured his second consecutive podium finish at round two of the Australian Enduro-X championship, held at Sydney Motorsport Park, on Saturday night.

Like his performance at the opening round, Green again used consistently good results in each of the three finals taking 5-2-3 results to finish third on the night behind US import Mike Brown and former pro motocross racer, Tye Simmonds.

Combined with his opening round finish of second, the third place at SMSP now sees Green hold down second in the championship with only one round remaining, at Calder Park, in Melbourne in two weeks' time.

"It was another good round for me and it was pretty smooth sailing all day," Green said. "The heats went well and I was able to win one and finish second in the other so I was confident going into the finals and knew that if continued to ride the way I had been, then I would be right in contention.

"The first final was a bit hectic but I managed to make it to fifth while the other two were good and both in the top three which is always the goal in events like this.

"Congratulations to Mike Brown, he is just a bit above us Australian's at the moment and is riding really well but I have to say it would be nice to beat him at the final round and restore some Aussie pride," Green smiles.

Green was the lone ranger for the Active8 Yamaha team this weekend at Beau Ralston recovers from a shoulder injury that occurred in the lead up to the opening round. Ralston is penciled in to return to action at the opening round of the AORC in March.

"It was a good night for Josh," team manager, AJ Roberts. "He has really gelled well with the new WR250F and he enjoys the Enduro-X format and that's showing in the results. He has a few points to make up on Brownie and Toby isn't too far behind so we will continue to work hard right up until the final round to secure the best championship result we can."

The third and final round of the 2015 Australian Enduro- X will be held at Melbourne's Calder Park Raceway on March 14.

Green still has a shot at the championship win as he sits 29 points behind Brown. With the three race format and the 'anything can happen' scenario that Enduro-X often throws up, Green will be out to win the final round and hope the cards fall his way on the night.

Australian Enduro-X Results
Rd 2- Sydney
Pro Class
1st Mike Brown - 75
2nd Tye Simmonds - 60
3rd Josh Green - 58 (Active8 Yamaha)

Championship Standings - After Round Two
1st Mike Brown - 147
2nd Josh Green - 118
3rd Toby Price - 109
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.