Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

DUNGEY AND MUSQUIN TOP SUPERCROSS PODIUMS AT ATLANTA2

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

DUNGEY AND MUSQUIN TOP #SUPERCROSS PODIUMS AT #ATLANTA2

@RedBull @KTM Team celebrated another big night out at the AMA Supercross Atlanta 2 on Saturday night with Ryan Dungey taking victory in the 450-class by a massive seven seconds in the ninth round of his competition. Earlier in the evening teammate Marvin Musquin took an equally dominating win in the 250 SX class, the third round of the East Coast competition.
Dungey, a Red Bull athlete had a golden day turning the fastest lap in the afternoon practice sessions for top gate pick of the evening’s heat race. He then got his KTM 450 SX-F Factory Edition off to a great start in the second 450 SX heat by pulling the holeshot and leading the field around the first turn. He held on to that lead for the six-lap race to take an easy win and a transfer spot to the main event.

When the gate dropped for the main event, Dungey again got away well and was third at the first corner. He moved into second in the second lap after the second placed rider crashed and quickly began to reel in the lead ride of Weston Peick. By lap three he was all over Peick and applying pressure around every corner before taking the lead two laps later. Once out front, Dungey pulled away from the rest of the field and led the remaining 10 laps. He crossed the finish line some seven seconds ahead of the competition.

Dungey’s victory in Atlanta increases his points lead in the championship and he will start in Daytona with the red plate. At the hallway point of the season he leads by 30 points.

“It’s a happy day for our team with Marvin and I both taking wins,” stated Dungey. “I was able to make some quick passes and my bike was flawless. I can’t thank my Red Bull KTM Team enough for all of their support.”

Second victory for Musquin in third round of East Coast 250s
Red Bull's Musquin got his opportunity to throw his trademark victory heel-clicker for the second time this season when he charged over the line on his KTM 250 SX-F to take the win in the third round of the East 250 SX Championship at the Georgia Dome.

The French rider was fastest in the afternoon practice session to set the pace for the rest of the night. He was then third at the start of his heat race and immediately began to push toward the lead riders. He made the pass for second near the end of the race, only to take a tumble in the next turn but quickly scrambled back into the race to carry third to the line.

Musquin then pulled a massive holeshot in his main event and led the field for the opening lap. He went on to lead every lap of the race to mirror the win he took at the opening round of the East Championship. He had a commanding six-second lead as he charged through the checkered flag to take the competition’s red plate to the next round and goes to the next round with a seven-point advantage.

“The key is to get a good start,” stated Musquin on the podium. “My bike is so strong off the start which helps me so much in these races. I’m really happy to extend the points lead and am looking forward to Daytona next weekend as it is typically a challenging race that pushes all of us riders.”

AMA Supercross at Atlanta 2
450-class Round 9 Results
1, Ryan Dungey – KTM
2, Eli Tomac
3, Trey Canard
4, Broc Tickle
5, Blake Baggett
6, Josh Grant
7, Chad Reed
8, Ken Roczen
9, Jason Anderson
10, Weston Peick
15, Andrew Short – KTM

Overall Point Standings 450s
1, Ryan Dungey – 199
2, Trey Canard – 169
3, Ken Roczen – 156
250-class East Coast Round 3 Overall Results
1, Marvin Musquin – KTM
2, Jeremy Martin
3, Justin Bogle
4, Joey Savatgy
5, Jimmy Decotis
6, Martin Davalos
7, Arnaud Tonus
8, Anthony Rodriguez
9, RJ Hampshire
10, Luke Renzland
22, Dakota Alix – KTM
Overall Point Standings 250s
1, Marvin Musquin – 72
2, Jeremy Martin – 65
3, Justin Bogle – 62
Next Event: Daytona, FL – March 7, 2015
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.