Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Martin grabs first win of 2015

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

#Martin grabs first win of 2015

#American 250MX Pro National #Motocross Champion Jeremy Martin rode superbly on his Yamalube Star Racing YZ250F to take a first victory of the 2015 250SX East Coast Supercross series in the Georgia Dome, Atlanta on Saturday. In what was the 29th 250SX Main Event in Atlanta and the second round of nine in the East Coast campaign Martin followed up his fourth position in Dallas last week with a calm and decisive appearance in front of more than 50,000 spectators.

The 21 year old, who has watched team-mate Cooper Webb exert his superiority on the West Coast Division, took full advantage of race mistakes by Marvin Musquin and Martin Davalos and then gunned by reigning Champion Justin Bogle in the whoops with three laps to go to earn a memorable success in just his fourteenth 250SX outing.

“It was nice to get a win with the new number six,” he commented to the Supercross Online TV Presenter referring to his digit on the YZ250F. “I could see the lead and never gave up. Fortunately I was able to get around those guys and honestly I learnt a lot tonight from being behind them, how they rode the track and stuff like that. I cannot thank everyone enough.”

Martin climbed the podium and marked Yamaha’s first triumph in 250SX in Atlanta since 2003. There was more recognition to be found in the Georgia Dome as JGR Yamaha’s Weston Peick flew to a promising fifth position in 450SX and with his YZ450F. The strong 25 year old has recovered sufficiently from the broken leg that hampered the first races of 2015 and with the JGR crew.

Martin is currently second in the 250SX standings (and trailing Musquin by four points) as the competition stays in Atlanta this week for the second part of a Georgia Dome double-header.
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.