MIXED RESULTS FOR HUSQVARNA MOTORCYCLES AT ROUND FOUR OF THE FIM SUPERENDURO WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP IN GUADALAJARA, MEXICO

Daily Motorcycle News has moved Here
totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

MIXED RESULTS FOR HUSQVARNA MOTORCYCLES AT ROUND FOUR OF THE FIM SUPERENDURO WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP IN GUADALAJARA, MEXICO

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

MIXED RESULTS FOR @HUSQVARNA MOTORCYCLES AT ROUND FOUR OF THE #FIM #SUPERENDURO WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP IN #GUADALAJARA, MEXICO

The fourth round of the SuperEnduro World Championship in Mexico was a tough night for Bel-Ray Husqvarna Factory Racing with Alfredo Gomez battling back from numerous mistakes to secure fourth.

Entering Guadalajara with high hopes of bettering his performance from the previous round in Finland, Gomez’ night got off to a difficult start when he crashed in the second corner of race one. Remounting almost last the Husqvarna rider charged hard on the slippery and technically demanding track to climb his way back up to sixth.

Improving position in race two, Gomez jumped two places to fourth. Determined to end his night on a high, the Husqvarna rider almost grabbed the holeshot in race three. Ending the opening lap locked in a battle for the race lead with Taddy Blazusiak and Cody Webb, the Spaniard fought on to place a solid third and end his GP of Mexico in a well-deserved fourth overall.

For Gomez’ teammate Daniel McCanney, the tricky conditions in Guadalajara caught the young Manxman out on numerous occasions. After his strong showing in Finland, McCanney looked for better in Mexico but suffering costly crashes in almost every race prevented the Husqvarna rider from closing in on a top five result.

In the Junior class there was delight for Husqvarna mounted Gethin Humphreys when he claimed the overall runner-up result. Making the long haul trip from Wales to Mexico more than worthwhile, the 21-year-old quickly got to grips with the challenging conditions. Placing an impressive second in all three races the Husqvarna rider secured his debut podium result in SuperEnduro and moves up to third overall in the championship standings.

Alfredo Gomez: “It’s been an ok night. I had a bit of bad luck in the first race when I crashed just after the start in the second corner. It was tough to recover from that mistake but I managed to improve my position with each lap to get sixth. I was fourth in race two but in race three my start was much better and I was third on lap one. I battled with Cody Webb and Taddy Blazusiak but they gapped me a little towards the end and I finished third. It was good to end the night on a high and hopefully I can continue like that in Brazil next weekend.”

Danny McCanney: “Things just never really got going for me here in Mexico. After a strong ride in Finland I wanted a top five result but for some reason I just couldn’t get to grips with the track. The harder I tried to make it work the more I crashed. The conditions were hard to judge. It was incredibly slippery in places and that made it so easy to get things wrong. All I can do is put it down to a valuable learning experience and move on to Brazil next weekend.”

The Maxxis FIM SuperEnduro World Championship continues in Belo Horizonte, Brazil on February 28.

Results – FIM SuperEnduro World Championship, Rnd 4

Prestige

1. Taddy Blazusiak (KTM) 58pts; 2. Cody Webb (KTM) 53; 3. Jonny Walker (KTM) 49; 4. Alfredo Gomez (Husqvarna) 38; 5. David Knight (KTM) 33… 9. Daniel McCanney (Husqvarna) 20…

Junior

1. Ty Tremaine (KTM) 60pts; 2. Gethin Humphreys (Husqvarna) 51; 3. Andreas Linusson (KTM) 45; 4. Alexis Chavolla (KTM) 37; 5. Didier Goirand (Beta) 35
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.