Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

MARTIN DAVALOS FINISHES 9TH IN THE 250SX EAST CLASS

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

MARTIN #DAVALOS FINISHES 9TH IN THE 250SX EAST CLASS

#RockstarEnergy @Husqvarna Factory Racing’s Jason Anderson and Martin Davalos made an exciting showing in front of a packed crowd at AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Tex. on Saturday for the seventh round of the 2015 Supercross Series.

Jason Anderson started in the top 10 in his heat race, moved up to sixth, and was in a good battle before having to restart the race due to a red flag. After the restart, Anderson encountered some bad luck after crashing behind a rider who went down right in front of him. He remounted in 16th and was forced to take a trip to the 450 semi. He pulled a mid-pack start in the semi before moving through the pack and finishing third to transfer to the main.

Anderson started mid-pack in the main, stayed focused, and steadily worked his way up to an impressive sixth-place finish. He leaves Arlington fifth overall in 450 rider point standings.

“My weekend was decent,“ said Anderson. “I’m climbing my way back up again and ended up sixth. The track was a little bit sketchy with the lines and there was concrete in spots. Other than that I’m not too bummed on the night. There were a lot of wierd crashes tonight and, on a track where so much could have gone wrong, I feel like I kept my head and rode smart and stayed up. I just have to keep riding solid and keep the top-10 streak alive.“

Arlington marked the start of the 250SX East series. Martin Davalos, a seasoned veteran in the 250SX class, started in the top 10 in his heat race and then quickly advanced to the third-place position. After stalking the first and second-place riders for the next few laps, he made a clean pass in the last lap and crossed the finish line in second to transfer to the main.

In the main, Davalos pulled a second-place start before going down shortly thereafter. After working his way up to 14th he was subject to a complete restart after a red flag in the seventh lap. Davalos lined up for the first staggered start of the season and battled his way to ninth by the time the checkered flag waved. He leaves the first round of the 250SX East series ninth overall in rider point standings.

“The track was pretty tricky,“ said Davalos. “It had traction in some spots and it didn’t have traction in other spots. I got a great start but got taken out in the second corner. I couldn’t find a good flow to get going, then we obviously had the restart. This was a tough track to make a pass on anyone. I just kind of rode around for ninth. I’m looking forward to next week’s race in Atlanta.“

Photos: Simon Cudby
CAPTION 1: After finishing sixth in Arlington, Jason Anderson is holding on to fifth overall in 450SX rider point standings.
CAPTION 2: Despite a tricky track, Anderson stayed consistent and is satisfied with his performance in Arlington.
CAPTION 3: Martin Davalos made his 2015 250SX East debut in Arlington. After finishing ninth, he’s looking forward to next week’s race in Atlanta.

San Diego Supercross Results:
250SX East Main Event
1. Marvin Musquin
2. Justin Bogle
3. Joey Savatgy

9. Martin Davalos - Rockstar Energy Husqvarna Factory Racing
250SX East Rider Point Standings:
1. Marvin Musquin – 25 points
2. Justin Bogle – 22 points
3. Joey Savatgy – 20 points
4. Jeremy Martin – 18 points
5. Matt Lemoine – 16 points
6. Vince Friese – 15 points
7. Rj Hampshire – 14 points
8. Arnaud Tonus – 13 points
9. Martin Davalos – 12 points
10. Kyle Peters – 11 points
450 Main Event
1. Ryan Dungey
2. Ken Roczen
3. Trey Canard

6. Jason Anderson - Rockstar Energy Husqvarna Factory Racing
450 Rider Point Standings:
1. Ryan Dungey – 152 points
2. Ken Roczen – 140 points
3. Trey Canard – 129 point
4. Eli Tomac – 114 points
5. Jason Anderson – 100 points
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.