Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

TEAM SUZUKI EUROPE UNVEILED TO THE MEDIA

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

TEAM #SUZUKI EUROPE UNVEILED TO THE MEDIA

Team Suzuki Press Office – February 12.

The newly-formed Team Suzuki Europe FIM Superstock 1000 pairing of Wayne Tessels and Nigel Walraven has been launched to media and sponsors.

European Superstock 600 Championship runner-up Tessels and fellow Dutchman Walraven will race GSX-R1000s for the team set-up by Hoegee Suzuki Performance owner Marc Hoegee in conjunction with Suzuki Nimag, Suzuki International Europe and SMC and supported by Yoshimura Japan.

Team Manager Hoegee, speaking at the launch at Suzuki Netherlands headquarters at the weekend, said: “I’m truly proud of our team, as all are experienced, professional, passionate and very focussed in what they’re doing. The overall package is incredible because of the participation of Suzuki, Yoshimura, TRW/ Lucas, Pirelli, K-Tech, Tsubaki and the riders’ personal sponsors. All our brands have made their names by proven quality and long-term experience. This combined makes me a happy and confident man for upcoming season.”

Said Tessels: “Last year I ended up as vice-champion in the FIM Superstock 600 championship and that puts some certain pressure on me for the upcoming season. I will have to get used to the bigger Suzuki tuned by Hoegee, but my riding style is more-suited to the GSX-R1000. My team-mate has a lot of experience on the bike and I’m glad he can help me in getting familiar with it. The team really feels great, the enthusiasm of sponsors and fans is good; and I can’t wait to start testing.”

Walraven said: “This is a big step up for me, but I’m very confident and I feel more at ease and more-focussed than ever. I’m very familiar with the Hoegee-tuned Suzuki GSX-R1000, but most of the tracks are new to me. Wayne will be a big help for me learning those tracks. I honestly think that Wayne and I are a good mix of knowledge, personality and experience. The first tests are in March and I really want to get on this beautiful Suzuki GSX-R1000!”

Team Suzuki Europe is the sole Suzuki team in the eight-round FIM Superstock 1000 series that kicks-off at Aragon in Spain on April 12th.
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.