Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Buttrick Bounces Back

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

#Buttrick Bounces Back

After much anticipation, the 2015 #Kenda #AMA National Enduro Series kicked off in Wedgefield, South Carolina this past weekend. With a deep field of talent this year, racers tackled the roughly 65 miles of sandy singletrack that weaved its way through South Carolina's pines. Beta USA's Cory Buttrick came into the round on a mission and showed his talent by securing a fifth overall. This marked Beta's first top five in the National Enduro series.

Buttrick leads the team to fifth overall! Photo by Shan Moore.

"We came into Sumter hungry and ready, with my 300 RR suited up with Kenda Southwick IIs," says Buttrick. "The day didn't start well after I hooked a vine in the first section that planted me on my back. We got back into a good rythm quickly and started turning in good times. The rest of the day went fairly smooth besides one more costly crash in the final section, where I got a little impatient making a pass. A huge thank you to everyone at Beta USA, Zack Huberty, my father for prepping the bike, my fiance for keeping me fueled, and Dr. Steve Thaxton with World Wide Chiropractic."

Second overall finisher in 2014, Jesse Groemm, started the race but unfortunately didn't finish the event after dealing with concussion symptoms. Teammate, Justin Sode, rode to a 26th overall finish. The National Enduro series resumes in March in Pelion, South Carolina for Round 2.

Meanwhile in California, Max Gerston and Morgan Tanke tackled Jimmy Lewis' King of Motos extreme race. Gerston rode the challenging course to a third overall on his Beta and Tanke rode an Evo Sport to become one of the first woman to complete the KOM course.

Gerston comments, "KOM was tough and grueling. 5 hours on the bike was physically and mentally challenging. My 300 RR was the perfect tool for the job. It felt good to get on the podium. I would have liked to get the win but it was still a solid way to start off the year." Gerston will now prepare for the opening round of the EnduroCross Series in March.

Rocks, rocks and more rocks! Photo by Jean Turner.

Across the pond, Kyle Redmond readied for the third round of the SuperEnduro Series in Helsinki, Finland. Kyle achieved his goals from the previous round and successfully qualified for the SuperPole which set him up with a front row start in the first and third race. From there, Kyle successfully finished 9th, 6th, and 6th during his three races.

"I had a good time in Helsinki with 6th overall, I only had one bad moto and felt stronger than the previous two rounds." says Kyle Redmond. "The track was fast and fun and the bike worked great."

Redmond secures two sixth place finishes.

SuperEnduro resumes on February 21st in Mexico. Stay tuned for further racing updates from Beta.
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.