Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

BAGGETT REACHES MILESTONE AT ANAHEIM III SX

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

@BAGGETT REACHES MILESTONE AT #ANAHEIM III SX

Team #Suzuki Press Office – February 2.

Yoshimura Suzuki’s Blake Baggett reached a major landmark at Saturday’s fifth round of the 2015 AMA/ FIM World Supercross Championship in front of 43,441 fans at Angel Stadium in Anaheim, California.

Baggett not only earned his career-best finish of seventh, he also claimed his first career Supercross holeshot aboard his powerful Yoshimura Suzuki RM-Z450 then led the first lap of the Main Event; putting him in the record books for the first time as a lap leader. Baggett also qualified for the first time directly out of his Heat race, continuing his strong and steady, week-by-week improvement in the series.

The 450SX Rookie’s hard work, along the backing of the proven Yoshimura Suzuki crew and coaching help from the legendary ‘Hall of Famer’ Rick Johnson, is paying off with Baggett moving inside the top-10 in the series standings for the first time this season.

Baggett scored a third-place finish in his heat race and qualified directly to the Main, marking the first time this season he didn’t have to ride in a Semi qualifying race.

“The start was definitely tricky tonight,” Baggett admitted. “The gate dropped down right away, so I had to hit my first shift really quick and drive through the bottom at the start and then go late on the brakes into the first turn.”

His plan worked to perfection: At the start of the 20-lap Main event Baggett motored his Yoshimura Suzuki into the first turn ahead of the 20-rider pack. It marked his first holeshot and brought the Angel Stadium crowd to their feet and had TV commentators reaching for superlatives.

Baggett eventually settled back to earth after such a meteoric start to the race. He led the first lap, but gradually slipped back to seventh. It was the only downside of the night; the first time he was being passed in a Main instead of the other way around. Nevertheless Baggett got by far his most TV time of the season and came away pumped about his continued progress.

“I had a good week here at Anaheim III,” Baggett said. “I went into the Main Event and got an awesome start and scored the holeshot. From there I just tried to be consistent over most of the track and pushed in some areas. I also wanted to keep it on two wheels. I ended up dropping back to seventh, but I learned a lot. I’m just going to try to keep building from there.

“I’ve definitely got to give it up to the whole Yoshimura Suzuki team for having my back and helping me move forward as the season moves on. We want to be sure we’re there for all 17 rounds putting up a fight.”

Yoshimura Suzuki will hit the track again this coming Saturday at round six of the 2015 AMA/ FIM World Supercross Championship at PETCO Park in San Diego, California. It marks the series’ first visit to PETCO Park and is a special Military Appreciation event.

Anaheim III 450 Supercross Results: 1. Ryan Dungey (KTM), 2. Cole Seely (Honda), 3. Eli Tomac (Honda), 4. Ken Roczen (RCH Suzuki), 5. Trey Canard (Honda), 6. Chad Reed (Kawasaki), 7. Blake Baggett (Yoshimura Suzuki),8. Justin Barcia (Yamaha), 9. Jason Anderson (Husqvarna), 10. Josh Hill (Yamaha).
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.