Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Active8 Yamaha Are Lean And Mean For 2015

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

#Active8 #Yamaha Are Lean And Mean For 2015

A streamlined and determined Active8 Yamaha team return for 2015, armed with two race ready pilots and an exciting armoury of Yamaha dirt bikes at their disposal.

The Active8 Yamaha team will spearhead the Yamaha charge in high profile events such as the Finke and Hattah desert races as well as contest the three major Australian off road championships in 2015.

Josh Green and Beau Ralston headline the now razor sharp team with Green taking on E1 duties and piloting the WR250F in the Australian Off Road Championship (AORC) and the Australian Four Day Enduro (A4DE) and focused on class and outright success.

The versatile Green will also contest the upcoming Australian Enduro –X, mounted on the ground breaking WR250F but switch to the YZ450F when competing in the Finke and Hattah events later in the year.

"I had the chance to ride either class for 2015 with the team giving me the option of staying on a 450 and riding E2, or going back to the 250 in E1 but after riding the new WR250F at the Yamaha launch and then a day or testing in my local area, I was sold on racing a 250.

"The new bikes are amazing, both the WR and YZ250FX and after being a 450 guy and really liking the power of the bigger bikes, these new 250F's have won me over and I can't wait to race them.

"Daniel Milner proved that you can achieve out right success in Australia on a 250 when he won everything in 2013 on a YZ250F, so I really look forward to the 2015 season and another successful year with the Active8 Yamaha team," Green ends.

Ralston has made huge strides forward in his off road adventure since switching over from motocross a season ago. The Newcastle local is now considered a real championship threat in all off road events and will be the Active8 Yamaha teams 450cc, E1 entrant.

In 2014, Ralston showed he is more than capable in all forms of off road racing with good results and continued improvement in the AORC, A4DE and the Enduro- X. With a full year in off road racing under his belt and a thirst for success, Ralston is out to make the 2015 season his best yet.

"I have really enjoyed racing off road the past 12 months and feel there is plenty of room for improvement in my riding and championship success isn't far away if I continue to work hard. Working with the Active8 Team has been awesome and has helped my development in off road," Ralston explains.

"We have a busy year planned and it would be nice to get off to a great start at the Enduro –X championship starting soon," he ends.

Team manager and former off road champion, AJ Roberts, is excited heading into the new season and with the new bikes and 'A' list riders, hopes to cash in on some championship success.

"Only being two riders means that we have far more time to work more closely with the guys and spend more time developing their skills on the track as well as ensuring the bikes are the best they can be. Both Josh and Beau have shown they have what it takes to win in Australia and I have never seen either of them so keen to get the season under way.

"We are also supporting a junior rider this year and have enlisted Luke Strauch. Yamaha Australia prides itself in its junior motocross development and that is starting to flow over into the off- road world and we are excited to have Luke on board.

"Our season gets going with the opening round of the Australian Enduro-X championship in Brisbane on February 7 so we are hard at work now making sure we are ready to come out swinging from the very first event of the year," AJ confirms.
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.