Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

RED BULL KTM’S JONNY WALKER WINS ALÈS TRÊM EXTREME

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

RED BULL KTM’S JONNY WALKER WINS ALÈS TRÊM EXTREME

Red Bull KTM’s Jonny Walker opened his Extreme Enduro season with flair and a win in a brand new event, the Alès Trêm in France on Saturday. The British rider, also Friday’s prologue winner, came home ahead of rival Graham Jarvis. Red Bull KTM factory teammate Andreas Lettenbichler took third place.

Alès Trêm a venue new to all riders kicked off what promises to be a great Extreme Enduro season and it was a definite confidence booster for Walker to pull off a victory over Jarvis, a man who is traditionally one of the toughest and most wily in any extreme competition. It was also a warm up for the traditional Hell’s Gate in Italy next month, an Extreme Enduro that takes no prisoners. The new French event also attracted 400 starters, an indication of the increasing popularity of the sport.
Jonny Walker: “For a new race it’s been great. It was hard work, and some parts of the track were really technical on the last lap, but generally it wasn’t overly difficult. Being the first rider to start the first lap meant that I didn't have any tire tracks to follow. I got lost for a short time on the second lap, and dropped back to third. But I pushed really hard on the final lap and everything went well. Like I said it’s not been overly difficult, but really enjoyable. The prologue on the first day was also great fun.”
Walker, a Red Bull athlete who had a decisive win in the Red Bull Hare Scramble at the 2014 Erzbergrodeo and also won the Red Bull Romaniacs has made positive start to what could be another great racing season in the extreme discipline.
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.