HUSQVARNA RACING NEWS: US SUPERCROSS ROUND 4, OAKLAND CA - TOP 10 FOR JASON ANDERSON

Daily Motorcycle News has moved Here
totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

HUSQVARNA RACING NEWS: US SUPERCROSS ROUND 4, OAKLAND CA - TOP 10 FOR JASON ANDERSON

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

@HUSQVARNA RACING NEWS: US SUPERCROSS ROUND 4, OAKLAND CA - TOP 10 FOR JASON ANDERSON

JASON ANDERSON FINISHES 10TH IN THE 450 CLASS AT OAKLAND FOR ROCKSTAR ENERGY HUSQVARNA FACTORY RACING. TOP 10 FINISHES FOR ZACH OSBORNE AND ZACH BELL IN THE 250 CLASS.
500 truckloads of dirt invaded Raider Nation on Saturday as Oakland’s O.Co Coliseum played host to round four of the 2015 Supercross series.

Zach Bell was ready to make an impressive showing in Oakland after finishing outside the top ten last week at Anaheim. He got a good start in the 250 heat and finished third to transfer to the 250 main. Bell grabbed the holeshot in the main and kept his Husqvarna FC 250 near the front of the pack to finish fifth. He currently sits 11th overall in 250 championship point standings.

“Today was good,” said Bell. “Qualifying, practice, everything went well. Last weekend I hurt my foot so I took last week off so I could get it good for this weekend and show everyone what I could do. I got a holeshot and put it in the top 5 so I’m happy. I just need to build off of this and get better every weekend.”

Zach Osborne made some exciting passes in his heat and finished fifth to transfer directly to the 250 main. In the main, Osborne steadily piloted his Husqvarna FC 250 through the pack to finish sixth. He currently sits fourth overall in 250 championship point standings.

“Today was ok for me,” said Osborne. “The track was pretty challenging, and I haven’t been spending as much time as I’d like on my bike due to my previous thumb injury. I think the technical track was definitely the biggest obstacle for me this week, but I’ll be back up there next week.”

Jason Anderson and his Husqvarna FC 450 finished third in the 450 semi to transfer to the main. In the main, Anderson pulled a top-ten start and was charging toward the front of the pack when he suffered a gnarly crash in lap six that cartwheeled him to the back of the pack. He remounted and fought his way back to tenth. He currently sits fifth overall in 450 championship point standings.

“The weekend was ok,” said Anderson. “When it came down to it I was up there, but I ended up crashing pretty hard and finished 10th. I’m ready to get back up there next week to redeem myself.
After putting in some preparation laps during qualifying last week at Anaheim 2, Martin Davalos came to Oakland ready to race. He raced his first 20-lap main event and gained valuable experience as he eventually settled into an 18th-place finish. Davalos has two more west rounds before he starts the 250 SX East series starts in Dallas on February 14.
I felt pretty well,” said Davalos. “I got better on the bike throughout the day, but I felt like I rode too conservative. I should have pushed a little more, but it was a great experience. I feel like I loosened up a bit more and I’m looking forward to getting more seat time on the 450 next week at Anaheim 3.

Photos Simon Cudby
CAPTION 1: Zach Bell finished fifth in Oakland and is currently 11th overall in 250 SX East point standings.
CAPTION 2: Zach Osborne clawed his way through the challenging Oakland track to finish sixth.
CAPTION 3: Jason Anderson fought for his 10th-place finish. He currently sits fifth overall in 450 rider point standings.
CAPTION 4: Martin Davalos made his 2015 Supercross debut in the 450 class at Oakland. He gained valuable experience and finished 18th
Oakland Supercross Results:
250 Main Event
1. Malcolm Stewart
2. Cooper Webb
3. Alex Martin

4. Tyler Bowers
5. Zach Bell - Rockstar Energy Husqvarna Factory Racing
6. Zach Osborne - Rockstar Energy Husqvarna Factory Racing

250 West Rider Point Standings:
1. Cooper Webb – 86 points
2. Tyler Bowers – 78 points
3. Jessy Nelson – 71 points
4. Zach Osborne – 69 points
5. Justin Hill – 65 points
6. Malcolm Stewart – 64 points
7. Aaron Plessinger – 54 points
8. Shane McElrath – 49 points
9. Alex Martin – 47 points
10. Josh Hansen – 47 points

11. Zach Bell – 40 points
450 Main Event
1. Trey Canard
2. Ryan Dungey
3. Chad Reed

10. Jason Anderson - Rockstar Energy Husqvarna Factory Racing
18. Martin Davalos – Rockstar Energy Husqvarna Factory Racing

450 Rider Point Standings:
1. Ryan Dungey – 82 points
2. Ryan Dungey – 77 points
3. Trey Canard – 68 points
4. Eli Tomac – 64 points
5. Jason Anderson – 62 points
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.