Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

ZACH OSBORNE FINISHES 4TH IN THE 250 CLASS

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

ZACH OSBORNE FINISHES 4TH IN THE 250 CLASS

Anaheim’s Angel Stadium played host to the fastest dirtbike racers in the world for the second time this season, as Supercross made its way back to California for the third round of the 2015 series.

Zach Osborne, this week’s fastest 250 qualifier, displayed some serious speed at Angel Stadium. After finishing fifth in his heat race, his Rockstar Energy Husqvarna Factory Racing FC 250 pulled the holeshot in the 250 Main Event. He stayed in contention as he battled in the top five for the remainder of the race. He crossed the finish line in fourth place.

"Today was good,” said Osborne. "I had great speed in practice, and did OK tonight, but I had a little issue with my thumb in the heat race. I rode through it in the main. It’s a tough situation but it’s getting better day-by-day. I’m headed in the right direction. My bike is good and my fitness is good. Everything is going well."

Jason Anderson was all business in his heat as he and his Husqvarna FC 450 advanced from seventh to a fourth-place finish. He was faced with a bit of bad luck in the 450 Main Event as he was pushed to the back of the pack after getting caught behind another rider’s crash. He charged ahead and steadily climbed to seventh by the end of the race.

"My night was alright,” said Anderson. "The beginning of the day was good, but when it came to game time I felt like I was up there but just had some unfortunate luck. I’m just going to try and keep moving forward. I feel good, and I just need to keep doing what I’m doing and I’ll be up there."

Zach Bell pulled an impressive start in his heat race aboard his Husqvarna FC 250 and followed through with a sixth-place finish to transfer into the 250 Main Event. In the Main, Bell succumbed to an injury stemming from an incident that occurred during his qualifying race. He pushed through the pain to finish 19th.

“Practice went well,” said Bell, “I just rolled my ankle. I had a good start in the main event but had an incident with another rider, which put me in the back. It’s hard to do well when you’re fighting from the back. I look forward to showing everyone what I can do next weekend."
Photos: Simon Cudby
Caption 1: Zach Osborne was the fastest 250 qualifier this week at Angel Stadium.
Caption 2: Jason Anderson currently sits third in 450 rider point standings.
Caption 3: Zach Bell is looking forward to a redeeming ride next week in Oakland, Calif.
Anaheim 2 Supercross Results:
250 Main Event
1. Cooper Webb
2. Tyler Bowers
3. Justin Hill
4. Zach Osborne - Rockstar Energy Husqvarna Factory Racing
19. Zach Bell - Rockstar Energy Husqvarna Factory Racing
250 West Rider Point Standings:
1. Cooper Webb – 64 points
2. Jessy Nelson – 60 points
3. Tyler Bowers – 60 points
4. Zach Osborne – 54 points
5. Justin Hill – 53 points
6. Aaron Plessinger – 40 points
7. Malcolm Stewart – 39 points
8. Shane McElrath – 39 points
9. Josh Hansen – 34 points
10. Tommy Hahn – 30 points
13. Zach Bell – 24 points
450 Main Event
1. Ken Roczen
2. Ryan Dungey
3. Eli Tomac
7. Jason Anderson - Rockstar Energy Husqvarna Factory Racing

450 Rider Point Standings:
1. Ken Roczen – 72 points
2. Ryan Dungey – 60 points
3. Jason Anderson – 51 points
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.