JASON ANDERSON FINISHES 6TH IN THE 450 CLASS AT PHOENIX FOR ROCKSTAR ENERGY HUSQVARNA FACTORY RACING!

Daily Motorcycle News has moved Here
totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

JASON ANDERSON FINISHES 6TH IN THE 450 CLASS AT PHOENIX FOR ROCKSTAR ENERGY HUSQVARNA FACTORY RACING!

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

#JASON ANDERSON FINISHES 6TH IN THE 450 CLASS AT #PHOENIX FOR @ROCKSTAR ENERGY @HUSQVARNA FACTORY #RACING!

After an exciting opening round in Anaheim, Calif., Supercross trekked to Phoenix, Ariz., for its second round of the 2015 season. A sticky, rutted track and a couple tight passing areas made for a different experience than the boys are used to at Chase Field, but that didn’t stop the Rockstar Energy Husqvarna Factory Racing team from putting in three solid rides in The Grand Canyon State.

Jason Anderson turned heads with his phenomenal opening round in Anaheim just one week ago, and he knew he had to keep the momentum going in Phoenix. After a late-race incident in his heat, he displayed an impressive drive in his semi by finishing second and transferring to the 450 Main Event. In the main, Anderson survived a crowded first turn, made smart passes, and charged through the crowd to finish sixth. He and his Husqvarna FC 450 currently sit third in 450 championship point standings.

“My weekend was alright,” said Anderson. “I managed a bad start and ended up with a six. I’m still up there in points so that’s good. It was tough to pass on this track but you just have to force your moves every lap, which I think I did pretty well. I’m looking forward to next week - hopefully I’ll get a better start and be in the race.”

Phoenix was all about overcoming adversity for Zach Osborne after suffering from a broken thumb at the season opener in Anaheim. He rode hard in his heat race and, after an early-race incident that had him remounting near the back of the pack, he forged ahead and finished eighth to transfer to the 250 Main Event. Osborne pulled the holeshot in the main and kept his Rockstar Energy Husqvarna Factory Racing FC 250 steady as he finished seventh at the checkered flag.

“Overall it was an ok day,” said Osborne. “It’s tough with the injury, but I’m trying my best to ride through it. My start was good, but I should have done a little better. I’m only nine points out of the lead and I’m ready to move on to next week’s race at Anaheim.”

Zach Bell displayed a consistent ride in his heat race as he moved through the pack and earned a fifth-place transfer spot to the 250 Main Event. In the main, Bell charged into the top 10 after a mid-pack start and crossed the finish line in ninth on his Husqvarna FC 250.

“Today was ok,” said Bell. “I had a good heat race and finished fifth. I was riding really well in the main and, after getting caught up in the start, I went from the back all the way up to ninth. Overall I felt good on the bike and I feel strong. I’m getting better and better each week I'm and looking forward to getting on the podium.”

Photos: Simon Cudby
CAPTION 1:Jason Anderson charged through the crowd and finished sixth in Phoenix.
CAPTION 2:Anderson currently sits third in 450 rider point standings.
CAPTION 3: Osborne finished seventh, and is currently fourth in 250 West rider point standings.
CAPTION 4: Zach Bell put in a solid ride and finished ninth in the 250 Main Event. He is currently ninth in 250 West rider point standings.

Phoenix Supercross Results:
250 Main Event
1. Cooper Webb
2. Malcolm Stewart
3. Jessy Nelson

7. Zach Osborne - Rockstar Energy Husqvarna Factory Racing
9. Zach Bell - Rockstar Energy Husqvarna Factory Racing
250 West Rider Point Standings:
1. Jessy Nelson – 45 points
2. Cooper Webb – 39 points
3. Tyler Bowers – 38 points
4. Zach Osborne – 36 points
5. Justin Hill – 33 points
6. Aaron Plessinger – 32 points
7. Shane Mcelrath – 28 points
8. Malcolm Stewart – 23 points
9. Zach Bell – 22 points
10. Josh Hansen – 20 points
450 Main Event
1. Eli Tomac
2. Ken Roczen
3. Ryan Dungey

6. Jason Anderson - Rockstar Energy Husqvarna Factory Racing
450 Rider Point Standings:
1. Ken Roczen – 47 points
2. Ryan Dungey – 38 points
3. Jason Anderson – 37 points
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.