Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

New Indian Scout Custom by Klock Werks Team Member Karlee Cobb

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

New #Indian Scout Custom by @KlockWerks Team Member #Karlee Cobb

New York City, NY. — December 11, 2014 —

Indian Motorcycle left a brand new 2015 Indian Scout in the capable hands of Klock Werks Kustoms following the Sturgis reveal. The job of being one of the first to customize the new model fell to Karlee Cobb. “In 2008, at age 14, Karlee became the youngest person to set a land speed record at the legendary Bonneville Salt Flats, so it seemed only appropriate that she would design one of the first 2015 Indian Scouts”, says Klock Werks owner Brian Klock. “She had the biggest grin after test riding the new Scout – so giving Karlee the reins on this project seemed a natural fit.”

Changing the stance towards a bobber was the first task on Karlee's list. She swapped from the stock 16” rims to an 18" X 5.5" rear and chose a 19"x 3" front; both in one-off contrast cut Reveal Wheels by Performance Machine. A 180 and 130mm set of Dunlop tires ensure that the bike has great traction and handling to match the new attitude.

Karlee’s pal, Kully Millage of Kully Co. created a one-off stainless pipe for the bike. 22 year-old Kully from Hartford, SD recently produced winning exhausts for AMA racer Henry Wiles flat track bikes. The intake was modified with a K&N air filter for a nice boost to the already potent 69 c.i. powerplant.

The handlebars are custom-fabbed for the bike in black powdercoat with stealthy bar-end signals and tucked in rear signals from Motogadget. The front fender is a Klock Werks item custom trimmed to fit front and the rear is an upswept traditional bobber look featuring a “half-frenched” oval taillight that splits the fender surface. A low profile seat pan was fitted to give Karlee the feel of being “in” the bike.

PPG Paint was expertly laid on by Brad Smith at The Factory Match shop in Tea, SD is various panels of sage, gray, and earth tones to blend with the stock cast frame color and highlight the incredible engineering on the latest generation Scout.

“My goal was to build a bike that while is clearly customized, is one that a decent home mechanic could build,” says Cobb of her project she calls Outrider. “I was really blown away by the power and quality of the production Scout – and going a bit old-school yet maintaining the ride-ability of the bike was really important to me. Getting the first Scout to customize inspired the name. I’ve got a great team of friends and family in and around Klock Werks, and want to thank Indian Motorcycle for the chance to customize this bike.”
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.