WINTER RIDING TIPS FROM BMW RIDER TRAINING.

Daily Motorcycle News has moved Here
totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

WINTER RIDING TIPS FROM BMW RIDER TRAINING.

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

#WINTER RIDING TIPS FROM #BMW #RIDER TRAINING.

DARK AND COLD? NO PROBLEM!

Chief Instructor Ian Biederman runs the BMW Rider Training school all year round, wind, rain or snow. Here are his essential tips for making winter riding as safe, confident and easy as possible:

"Like all riding, planning is the key. Before any winter motorcycle journey check the weather to ensure you are not going to get stranded on the way to or at your destination.

"Add regular breaks into any journey, these allow time for rest so you can stay fresh and alert and also give you enough time to warm up so you can set off revitalised.

"The road surface is more changeable, with damp patches having the potential to also be icy, especially on a cold day where the road surface in the shade. With any slippery conditions, grip on the bars needs to be light and any adjustments to the controls, speed or direction of the bike need to be done progressively. Tyres warm up more slowly and cool quickly, so grip levels can be compromised.

"Give yourself time to react. Extend your gaps behind other vehicles, this will also reduce tyre spray, thus keeping your visor clean. A dirty visor is hard to see through during the day and dangerous at night. Whenever you stop, clean your visor with fresh water and also clear any dirt and mud from your headlights, indicators and brake light.

"If you want to put these tips, and more, into practice, we run training all year round at our school. We can provide the latest BMW Rider Equipment and we have motorcycles with ABS, heated grips and traction control. And if that's not enough to tempt you out in these crisp, clear winter days, we also offer a 20% discount in December-February on Direct Access, Road Skiils and one-on-one IPT training!"
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

Hanson
Legendary 300
Legendary 300
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 3
My Motorcycle: 2014 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Re: WINTER RIDING TIPS FROM BMW RIDER TRAINING.

#2 Unread post by Hanson »

Warm and Safe Electric clothing - http://www.warmnsafe.com/ - wonderful.

Layers - take the time to adjust layers when the environment changes.

When it gets down below 40, I truly appreciate my winter helmet liner from LDComfort - http://ldcomfort.com/

Safe Travels,
Richard
ImageImage