Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

BLAZUSIAK LEADS THREE-WAY KTM SWEEP OF OPENING SUPERENDURO

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

#BLAZUSIAK LEADS THREE-WAY #KTM SWEEP OF OPENING #SUPERENDURO

@RedBull KTM’s Taddy Blazusiak rose to the occasion in front of his home crowd in Gdansk, Poland on Saturday night to take an undisputed win in the opening round of the 2014-2015 FIM SuperEnduro season and to lead a KTM sweep of the podium places.

Blazusiak, a Red Bull athlete who already is a five-time champion of the competition won all three races to finish a clear 12 points in front of David Knight of Britain and American Cody Webb, who has recently switched to a KTM. Britain’s Jonny Walker, like Blazusiak also a KTM factory rider finished fourth overall.

Taddy Blazusiak: “I’m super pumped to win all three races and be the second fastest in the Superpole. The emotions are amazing to win here in front of my home crowd. Tonight I was riding well and staying in control. I wouldn’t change anything. It was a perfect night.”

Blazusiak, who is now riding the KTM 300 EXC 2- stroke made an amazing recovery in the opening race to go on and take the win. He crashed in the first corner with Jonny Walker and came from almost dead last to take the win in the last meters of the race. Race Two started in reverse order with the slower riders in front but Blazusiak had moved from the back of the pack up to third in the first minute and was tucked in behind fellow KTM rider Mario Roman. Three minutes into the six-minute plus one lap race he hit the front and stayed in the lead even after colliding with a back marker in the latter part of the race. He then went on to control race three right from the gate drop, winning by a comfortable 22 seconds.

The veteran David Knight, who has returned to ride a KTM said he was very pleased with his second place. “I’m really missing a lot of race practice so to finish second was massive,” he said.

Third placed Cody Webb, winner of the 2014 EnduroCross Championship led in a strong contingent of US riders but said it had been a rough night. He led the opening race and looked set to take line honors but crashed in the logs and had to settle for third. His 3-7-4 results was enough to give him the minor podium place.

Jonny Walker admitted it had not been the best of nights even though he made a very strong comeback in the final race to finish second. “I’m not happy with tonight but I am happy with the last race,” he said. “I’ll go away, work hard I’ll come back strong in the next round in Germany.”

The Junior Class was also safe in KTM hands with three race wins going to 19-year-old American Ty Tremaine.
The next round of the championship is in Germany on January 3.

FIM SuperEnduro
Rd. 1 at Gdansk, Poland

Overall Results
1, Taddy Blazusiak POL, KTM 62 points
2, David Knight, GBR, KTM 50
3, Cody Webb, USA KTM 37
4, Jonny Walker, GBR, KTM 35
5, Alfredo Gomez, ESP, Husqvarna 32
6, Taylor Robert, USA, KTM, 30
7, Mario Roman, ESP, KTM 29
8, Dani Gibert, ESP, Gas Gas, 27
Superpole
1, Walker, KTM
2, Blazusiak, KTM
3, Knight, KTMRace One
Race One
1, Blazusiak, KTM
2, Knight KTM
3, Webb, KTM

Race Two
1, Blazusiak, KTM
2, Knight, KTM
3, Gibert, Gas Gas
Race Three
1, Blazusiak, KTM
2, Walker, KTM
3, Knight, KTM
Junior Overall Results
1, Ty Tremaine, USA KTM (three race wins)
2, Andreas Linusson, SWE, KTM
3, Jack Rowland, GBR, Sherco
4, Manuel Lettenbichler, GER, KTM
5, Gethin Humphreys, GBR, Husqvarna

Taddy Blazusiak, David Knight and Cody Webb for KTM 1-2-3

Blazusiak in winning form in Gdansk SuperEnduro

Blazusiak fast out of the start gate

Walker recovers well in Race three
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.