Remy Gardner Signs With CIP Mahindra Team For World Moto3 Championship 2015!

Daily Motorcycle News has moved Here
totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Remy Gardner Signs With CIP Mahindra Team For World Moto3 Championship 2015!

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Remy @Gardner Signs With CIP #Mahindra Team For World #Moto3 Championship 2015!

They say the 'apple doesn't fall far from the tree' and the never give up fighting spirit underdog attitude that took Wayne Gardner from the steelworks of Wollongong, NSW, to International stardom as a World 500cc Grand Prix Champion has been inherited by 16-year-old Remy Gardner, who's racing determination and drive took a major step forward on Saturday when he signed a contract to compete in the World Grand Prix Championship riding for CIP Mahindra in the Moto3 class.

At only 16-years of age and after just three years road racing experience, Remy will be in the World Championship in his fourth year - coincidentally, his father Wayne raced in his first World Championship races in his fourth year also.

It has been an incredibly tough few years for Team Gardner Racing with both brothers Remy and Luca suffering various mechanical problems and injuries, however, the incredible commitment by the family to move from their home in Manly Beach, NSW, Australia, to Barcelona, Spain, to help the careers of Remy and Luca, both determined to follow in their father's footsteps racing motorcycles.

Remy Gardner, "I'm so happy that this has happened. We were all set to do the Spanish CEV again as we did not look like we were going to get into the World Championship next year, so to get the opportunity to join CIV Mahindra was a real surprise and very exciting. It all happened quickly and I signed last weekend. It was a great feeling.

"The Mahindra is a really nice machine, I had a really good look over it and sat on it. It feels smaller than my other bike and looks very well made. I can't wait to ride it on Monday and the team seem really nice. I'm sure I will do well on this bike for the team in 2015. They have made the right choice, I will be putting in 110 per cent hard work for them, starting tomorrow when I start training"!

Team owner Alain Bronec, a celebrated ex World Championship rider himself, has been extremely impressed with Remy's wildcard results and contacted Wayne to arrange to meet Remy.

Mahindra Racing CEO Mufaddal Choonia was also present to meet Remy and he too has been watching the rising Aussie star recently, also very impressed with Remy's maturity and speed on the Moto3 machines he has been riding.

Wayne Gardner, "CIP Mahindra is going to be a fantastic team for Remy and I congratulate him and the team. We are extremely proud of Remy's achievements and he will do very well next year.

"I've been following the progress of Mahindra over the past few years and they are certainly heading in the right direction and have the right people involved to be a huge success in Grand Prix Racing over the long term. The bike is fantastic and Remy will have direct factory support, which is great.

"I'd like to thank Alain and Mufaddal for choosing Remy and it's great for Australian fans to have the next generation Gardner in the World Championship"!

Remy heads to Valencia on Monday and Tuesday for two days of testing on the 2014 bike. An update will follow.

ABOUT REMY

Son of 1987 World 500cc Motorcycle Champion Wayne Gardner, Remy has been riding bikes since he was four. However he wasn't introduced to the racetrack until he was ten years old in 2008.

Remy tried his hand very briefly at motocross and enduro before falling in love with the speed of dirt track and longtrack racing. He follows in the footsteps of other famous Australian riders who started dirt track racing at a young age, including his father Wayne, Mick Doohan, Troy Corser, Troy Bayliss, and more recently Casey Stoner.

For two years Remy honed his skills in both dirt track and longtrack, competing at State and National level before training on the tar, initially on his dirt track bike (supermotard), and then on a Moriwaki 80cc. In NSW Australia where Remy lived at the time, children under the age of 13 are not permitted to compete in road racing, so Remy trained under the guidance of his father and other respected Australian trainers.

In October 2010 Honda Australia invited Remy to represent them at the NSF100 Trophy Worldwide Mini Bike race at Albacete circuit in Spain. He was up against leaders of the NSF100 Championships from around the world in his debut road race, finishing a respectable 29th out of 36 riders. Remy's Australian road race debut was a resounding success at Phillip Island in December 2010, when he took home the MRRDA Australian Nippers Championship for under 13 year olds.

In 2011 Remy commuted from Australia to Spain to compete in the Pre-GP Moto3 class for the Monlau Competición team, in the 2011 "Campeonato Mediterráneo de Velocidad" (CMV). After finishing second in the championship, TGR made the decision to relocate to Spain in order for Remy to race in the most competitive environment available.

TGR is now based in Barcelona, and Remy has participated in the feeder class to Grand Prix Racing, the "Campeonato de Espana de Velocidad" (CEV) since 2013.

He recently secured three Moto3 World Championship Wildcard rides at Misano, Phillip Island and Sepang - where he scored his first World Championship Point.
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.