Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Hollis And McCormack Form CDR Yamaha Off Road In 2015

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

#Hollis And #McCormack Form CDR #Yamaha Off Road In 2015

The @CDR @Yamaha Off Road team are proud to announce the retention of form AORC champion, Chris Hollis, and introduces Tom McCormack for their 2015 rider line up.

Hollis, from Port Macquarie in NSW, returns for his second year on the factory Yamaha team after a solid 2014 season that included the Australian Enduro- X championship victory and podium positions in the A4DE and a fourth AORC.

Hollis will again contest the premier E2 class, this time on board the almighty YZ450F, in a campaign that includes the AORC, A4DEand other selected events. He will also have the honour, alongside McCormack, to race the all new WR250F at the Australian Enduro- X championship.

"It's great to be back with CDR Yamaha again for 2015 and I look forward to a better season with them. 2014 was ok, but I really want to step it up in 2015 and lead this team to championship success.

"I have spent some time recently on board the YZ450F and I really enjoy riding it at the moment. The power is strong but manageable and it suits a wide variety of conditions and terrain.

"The season gets underway early in the year with the three round national Enduro -X series and I'm ready to go," Hollis said enthusiastically.

Partnering Hollis in 2015 will be 2014 AORC and A4DE E1 class champion, Tom McCormack. McCormack, from Byron Bay in NSW, had a breakout season in 2014 winning every major championship in the E1 category (250cc) and as a reward, makes the big step up to the factory CDR Yamaha squad for the coming season.

McCormack will again contest the E1 class for 2015, this time mounted on the all new WR250F. The YZ250F inspired machine is soon to take the market by storm and McCormack is the man hand-picked to take care of business in the E1 class on the all new bike.

"I'm really excited to get the opportunity to work with Craig and the CDR Yamaha team," McCormack states. "It is no doubt the most professional and best team in off road and to have these guys in my corner is a huge boost for 2015.

"Racing the new bike for Yamaha is also a huge honour. After racing the YZ250F in 2014, I know just how good this bike is and now being purpose built for off road, it will only get better," McCormack ends.

Team boss, Craig Dack, is already hard at work preparing for the new season and believes it will be another success year.

"Having Chris with us is a huge asset for the team. He has years of off road racing experience all around the world and his knowledge plays a vital bike in bike set up and development. He is an ultra-fast racer and still capable of winning races and championships and I think you will see the best of Chris Hollis in 2015.

"Tom comes to us via the Active8 Yamaha team after a stand out season winning all before him in the E1 class. His domination of the class means he was the perfect rider to show case the new WR250F and our guys in the race shop have their hands on it and are ready to put it on the track.

"2015 is coming around quickly and CDR Yamaha Off Road will be ready to go," Dack said.

The new rider line up will be unleashed at the Melbourne Bike Expo on November 28-30, where both riders will give the 2015 WR250F its debut in the Enduro -X feature event during the show.

2015 CDR Yamaha Off Road Racing Calendar
Aust. Enduro- X
Rd 1 - February 7 - Archerfield Speedway (QLD)
Rd 2 - February 28 - Eastern Creek (NSW)
Rd 3 - March 14 - Calder (VIC)

AORC
Rd 1 / 2 - March 22/23 - Kilkivan (QLD)
Rd 3 / 4 - April 18/19 - Hedley (VIC)
Rd 5 / 6 - May 23/24 - Karoonda (SA)
Rd 7 / 8 - June 20/21 TBC (QLD)
Rd 9/ 10 - July 18/19 - Kyogle (NSW)
Rd 11 /12 - August 11/12 - Dungog (NSW)

A4DE
17/10/15 - 25/10/15 - Tasmania
====================

Rider Profiles

Name: Chris Hollis
Lives: Port Macquarie
Bikes: YZ450F
Career Highlights: Former AORC and A4DE champion, Multi time member of the Australian I6DE team, 2014 Australian Enduro X champion.
2015 Goals: To win the AORC / A4DE / Enduro-X

Name: Tom McCormack
Lives: Byron Bay
Bike: WR250F
Team: CDR Yamaha Off- Road
Career Highlights: 2014 E1 AORC and A4DE champion/ Member of winning I6DE winning Junior team
2015 Goals: Retain E1 AORC / A4DE championship
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.