Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

VOLTCOM CRESCENT SUZUKI SET FOR WSB FINALE

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

#VOLTCOM CRESCENT #SUZUKI SET FOR WSB FINALE

Team Suzuki Press Office – October 29.

Voltcom Crescent Suzuki travels to the Qatar Peninsula this week for the eni FIM Superbike World Championship’s final round at the Losail International Circuit looking to reverse the cruel luck of last month’s event at Magny-Cours.

Eugene Laverty is hoping his final races, both on the Suzuki GSX-R and within the Superbike paddock, will prove fruitful and allow him to utilise the podium potential he believes is possible with his Yoshimura-powered machine. Laverty’s last visit to the Qatar circuit - as part of the 2009 World Supersport Championship - saw him take the top step; a feat he is eager to replicate in the top class this weekend.

No stranger to studying new tracks this season, Alex Lowes’ learning curve at Losail will be even steeper this weekend with the added element of WSBK’s first event under floodlights. Eagerly anticipating the challenge, last year’s British Champion is determined to finish his rookie World season on a high in preparation for his continuation with the GSX-R1000 in 2015.

A regular host of motorcycle racing since its creation in 2004, the Losail International Circuit - located just over 30kms from the Qatar capital of Doha - held the first MotoGP™ night race in 2008 but has not been seen on the WSBK calendar since 2009. The flowing 5,380m track layout accommodates 16 medium and high-speed corners - 10 of which right-handers - with the finish straight just over 1km in length. Held under artificial lights for the first time in the Championship’s history, the circuit will be illuminated by 1000 individual floodlights, housing 3600 bulbs and powered by 44 generators.

Voltcom Crescent Suzuki’s weekend timetable begins at 17:15hrs local time (14:15GMT) on Friday 31st October with the opening of three free practice sessions, the latter timed-for-qualifying practices scheduled for 20:00hrs (17:00GMT) and 23:15hrs (20:15GMT) respectively. Saturday’s action consists of the final non-timed free practice at 18:00hrs (15:00GMT) before Superpole sees the riders on track at 21:00hrs (18:00GMT). Sunday’s two races will be held at 19:00hrs (16:00GMT) and 22:00hrs (19:00GMT) respectively.

Eugene Laverty:

“The final round of the season will be an incredible experience racing under the floodlights. I've competed in the dark once already back in 2008 at Losail and I’m really looking forward to doing it again. The floodlights really illuminate the track so it actually allows you to be a little more precise than in daylight hours. The Losail circuit is a flowing one which suits our bike much better than some of the tight and twisty tracks that we’ve visited lately. It’s my last race in the World Superbike Championship before I make the switch to MotoGP and I’d love nothing more than to go out on a high - for me, the Crescent team and all our Sponsors.”

Alex Lowes:

“I am really looking forward to Qatar and the new experience of a night race. We have had another month’s break between races and I feel fresh and happy in myself right now and very excited to ride my Suzuki GSX-R again! My aim is to finish the year with two solid results to kick-start my 2015 preparations early. The track looks flowing, my brother Sam did well first time there in Moto2; so hopefully I can at least replicate that!”
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.