Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Mitch Van Vliet Takes ATV National Championship

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Mitch Van Vliet Takes #ATV National Championship

Victorian ATV #racer, Mitch Van Vliet, has won the 2014 Yamaha Australian ATV championships held at the Horsham Circuit, last weekend on board his Yamaha YZF450.

After dominating the recent Victorian state championship, held at the same venue, Van Vliet entered the national championship as the favourite and looking for his first national win. Despite not winning a national crown in six previous attempts, he entered the meeting confident of a good result and determined to cap off what has been an impressive year for the Yamaha rider.

In the five motos contested to determine the champion, Mitch finished with two firsts, two seconds and a third to claim his first Australian ATV Championship as he crossed the finish line of the final moto with both arms raised in celebration.

"This has been a long time coming," Mitch said at the end of racing. "I have tried to win this thing several times but for whatever reason, it hasn't happened until now.

"I'm stoked to have finally won it and I can't thank my family and all our sponsors enough for the support. My bike was perfect all weekend and I felt like it was my championship to lose and I wasn't going to let that happen.

"The Horsham track was in great shape and the club did a great job of running the event," Van Vliet ends.

It was a huge weekend for the Van Vliet family with four members of the family competing in the National championships. While Mitch took out the national crown, bothers Harrison and Jake claimed third and fourth respectively making it a family 1-3-4 finish in the Pro division.

And just to add some icing on the cake, the youngest family member, Cooper, took the win in the 13-16 years division making it two championships wins for the family.

"Our goal was to finish 1-2-3 in the Pro class," Mitch went on to say, "But we just missed out on that. Still, 1-3-4 is a good result and with Cooper winning his class, it was a successful weekend for us and should make the trip home a bit more fun."

Australian ATV Championships- Horsham
Pro ATV
1st Mitch Van Vliet - 114 (Yamaha YZF450)
2nd Liam Glover - 106
3rd Harrison Van Vliet - 94 (Yamaha YZF450)
4th Jake Van Vliet - 80 (Yamaha YZF450)

Junior 13-16 years
1st Cooper Van Vliet - 122
2nd Aiden Robinson - 113
3rd Kellan Robinson - 91
4th Brendon Geers -83
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.