Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Frustrating But Positive Qualifying For Remy

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Frustrating But Positive #Qualifying For #Remy

Team Laglisse Calvo rider Remy Gardner has finished a frustrating Moto3 qualifying session at the Tissot Australian Grand Prix today in 24th position, on row eight of the grid.

In a session that was more like a peak hour traffic jam than a World Championship level qualifying session, dozens of riders blocked the track and hindered forward progress, all to try and get a tow from the front runners. Remy was not the only rider to lose out, with fellow Australian title contender Jack Miller aborting his run in frustration of the hanger's on.

Remy proved his speed when he got one single clear lap, allowing him to put down a 1:37.472, however, it was his last lap that was to be his best and he was on a 1:36.8 when he was slowed by traffic in the final sector. A 1:36.8 would have put the teenager in a stunning 15th position, which was his goal.

Remy Gardner, "I did my best. The bike is fantastic but it was a very frustrating session with all the traffic so I'm not so happy.

"I was hoping to qualify in the top 15. That was my goal and I could have done it. Unfortunately there were traffic problems and I was not the only rider caught by it.

"I'm positive about tomorrow. I will get a good start and hope to latch onto the faster group as quickly as possible. My bike comes off the corners well and has good speed so I feel I can run with these guys, I have some left in reserve too, it's not a problem. I'm really looking forward to the race tomorrow.

"The team have been fantastic and so have the fans. So far the weekend has been great and I've learned a lot. I'm also happy I have shown that I have the speed to run with the World Championship regulars".

Remy is on track for morning warm-up at 10:40am tomorrow, with the race kicking off at 13:00pm.
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.