Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

TYCO SUZUKI READY FOR BRANDS HATCH FINALE

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

#TYCO #SUZUKI READY FOR BRANDS #HATCH FINALE

Team Suzuki Press Office – October 16.

Tyco Suzuki enters the final round of the British Superbike and Supersport Championship season at Brands Hatch this weekend looking to end the year on a positive note with all its three riders.

John Hopkins is more-determined than ever to land that elusive first podium of the season and team-mate Josh Waters is looking to rediscover the form that brought him his first-ever British Superbike victory at the same venue in the summer on the GSX-R1000.

In the Supersport class, Taylor Mackenzie is still smiling after his debut middleweight podium during the penultimate round at Silverstone aboard the Tyco Suzuki GSX-R600; and the Scottish rider will be hoping for more of the same to round-out his year on-a-high.

John Hopkins:

“We’ve been right at the sharp-end in qualifying now for quite a few meetings and for one reason or another I haven’t quite been able to transfer that into a podium finish. It’s been a long time coming and I’ll be working as hard as ever this weekend and doing my utmost to stand on the Brands podium in front of what will undoubtedly be a huge spectator turn-out for the final round with Tyco Suzuki.”

Josh Waters:

“I’ve had a really enjoyable year with Tyco Suzuki and we have steadily improved meeting-by-meeting, and if anyone had told me at the start of the year that I’d win two races and be fighting for regular top-six spots I’d have been made up. But we continually have to re-evaluate in this game and I really want to be in that front-group in the races this weekend fighting for podiums and of course wins. We aren’t in the hunt for a championship but I’d like to put the Tyco Suzuki GSX-R1000 on the podium where it belongs this weekend and score as heavily as I can in the points. Seventh place in the championship is still mathematically possible and that’s the goal.”

Taylor Mackenzie:

“Silverstone was a superb feeling finally getting the podium that everyone in the team deserved and I enjoyed it so much I’d love to be up there again this weekend. I’ve had an enjoyable year with the Tyco boys and I’d like to finish the season in a positive frame of mind heading into the winter break.”

Philip Neill – Team Manager:

“It’s certainly been a tough season all-round but the spirits in our team are as high as ever and everyone will pull in the right direction to try and give all three riders a strong finish to the year. Brands has been very kind to us in the past on the final weekend, so a touch of that would be very welcome. We know the GSX-R package is good enough to do the job both in Superbike and Supersport at this circuit – going on previous visits – so let’s see what we can do.”

Brands Hatch BSB Schedule:

Saturday:
Supersport Qualifying – 11.35am.
Superbike Qualifying [Q1/2/3] – 12.15pm.
Superbike Race 1 – 3.45pm [18 laps].
Supersport Sprint Race – 4.30pm [10 laps].

Sunday:
Superbike Race 2 – 12.30pm [20 laps].
Supersport Feature Race – 3pm [18 laps].
Superbike Race 3 – 4pm [20 laps].
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.