Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

BROWN MOVES UP TO 4TH IN SALT LAKE CITY ENDUROCROSS

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

BROWN MOVES UP TO 4TH IN SALT LAKE CITY #ENDUROCROSS

@Husqvarna rider Mike Brown continues to improve in the AMA EnduroCross Series finishing in fourth place this weekend at Salt Lake City Utah, the first time the competition has been hosted here.

Brown liked the fast course in the Energy Solutions Arena, setting the hot lap during afternoon qualifiers and leading the early laps of the main event after capturing the holeshot.

"I started out good again today with the hot lap," Brown commented. "My heat race went good – I was battling with Taddy [Blazusiak]. In the main event, I got the holeshot and led the first few laps so that was good."

Brown, riding his FC 350 was out in front for the first four laps of the main before being passed by eventual winner Cody Webb. He hung onto a strong second place until the final laps when Blazusiak squeezed past. Then a hang-up in the rock section just before the white flag also allowed Taylor Robert to get past. But Brown stayed ahead of Colton Haaker to collect fourth for the night.

"Each time I'm on the track I've gotten better," said Brown. "So next week should hopefully be even better. I'd like to get on the podium and I'd like to win a race this year." 

CAPTION: Factory Husqvarna's Mike Brown set the hot lap and grabbed the holeshot at the first-ever Salt Lake City AMA EnduroCross. Photo by Drew Ruiz
Salt Lake City AMA EnduroCross Main Event Results:
1, Cody Webb
2, Taddy Blazusiak
3, Taylor Robert
4, Mike Brown (Husqvarna)

5, Colton Haaker
6, Max Gerston
7, Ty Tremaine
8, Nick Thompson
9, Bobby Prochnau
10, Geoff Aaron

AMA EnduroCross Championship Points:

1, Cody Webb (143/2 wins)

2, Taddy Blazusiak (140/2 wins)

3, Colton Haaker (133/2 wins)

4, Taylor Robert (107)

5, Max Gerston (80)

6, Mike Brown (76) Husqvarna

7, Cory Graffunder (74)

8, Bobby Prochnau (68)
9, (TIE) Geoff Aaron/Ty Tremaine (67)
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.