Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

SIXTH PLACE FINISH FOR DANNY KENT IN MOTEGI

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

SIXTH PLACE FINISH FOR DANNY KENT IN #MOTEGI

#HUSQVARNA'S KENT FINISHES 6TH IN #MOTO3 GP OF JAPAN
Husqvarna rider Danny Kent rounded off his weekend on the Japanese circuit of Motegi by finishing in sixth place after an all-out battle for the podiums in the final lap of the Moto3 GP of Japan.

The British Husqvarna factory rider was strong all weekend on the Motegi Twin Circuit. He was very fast throughout practice sessions and qualifying and started on pole, the first for the brand after launching into Moto3 at the beginning of the current season.

While fellow Husqvarna rider Niklas Ajo crashed out in the opening corner, Kent settled in to do battle with KTM’s Jack Miller for the lead in the first five of the 20-lap race. Meanwhile battle lines were being drawn between a pack of six very fast riders that would ensue right to the final dash for the line.

In the heat of the battle Kent was bumped back to seventh at the half way mark but soon began to work his way back into contention for a podium place. He turned up the heat in the final two laps and was challenging Miller for the lead going into the final straight, then the two riders made slight contact when Miller had to go wide after accidentally slipping his bike into neutral at Turn 11. Kent rides the Husqvarna FR 250 GP machine.

Kent remained positive after what had been a strong weekend for the British rider, saying: "We started the race well. To be fair, it was a very good race up until Turn 11 of the last lap. We made a good start and led the race for the first four laps. Then I dropped back a little, down to seventh place, and tried to conserve my tyres for the last two laps. On the last lap I passed four riders and regained a good position. On the straight I tried to overtake Jack (Miller) but he had the inside and I clipped the grass. Then I saw Marquez on the outside and I tried to close the door on him, but I was too far inside. I could neither brake well nor turn the bike in. It was a mistake on my part.”

Riders now travel south to the Australian circuit at Phillip Island for Rd. 16 or the 18-round championship that concludes in Valencia at the beginning of November.
Caption One: Kent leads pack on Motegi circuit
Caption Two: Kent and Miller battle it out in Moto3 GP of Japan
Moto3 GP of Japan Rd. 15
At Motegi
Results
1, Alex Marquez, ESP, Honda 39:26.830
2, Efren Vazquez, ESP, Honda, 39:27.187
3, Brad Binder, RSA, Mahindra, 39:27.314
4, John McPhee, GBR, Honda, 39:27.502
5, Jack Miller, AUS, KTM, 39:27.502
6, Danny Kent, GBR, Husqvarna, 39:28.626
7, Romano Fenati, ITA, KTM, 39:32.757
8, Enea Bastianini, ITA, KTM 39:32.855
9, Niccolo Antonelli, ITA, KTM, 39:33.357
10, Alex Rins, ESP, Honda, 39:33.516
DNF Niklas Ajo, FIN, Husqvarna
Championship standings after Rd. 15 (of 18)
1, Marquez, 231
2, Miller, 206
3, Rins, 194
4, Fenati, 174
5, Vazquez, 174
15, Ajo 45
Manufacturer’s standings after 15 of 18 rounds
1, Honda, 323
2, KTM 314
3, Mahindra 149
4, Husqvarna 123
M
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.