Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

BUSY WEEKEND FOR HUSQVARNA'S US OFF ROAD RIDERS

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

BUSY WEEKEND FOR #HUSQVARNA'S US OFF #ROAD #RIDERS

MIKE BROWN CARDS TOP FIVE AT DENVER ENDUROCROSS
Factory Husqvarna racers were in action across the U.S. this weekend with national events in California, Colorado and Ohio. Jacob Argubright, Mike Brown and Andrew DeLong were all in action, with some wild racing, tough conditions and proud finishes.

Mike Brown carded a solid fifth at the AMA EnduroCross Championship in Denver, Colorado, launching his bid for the event by setting the hot lap. This secured him the pole position coming into the evening program and allowed him to pick up an extra championship point.

Brown then had his work cut out for him in the heat race when he locked bars with another racer on the start straight and fell in the first corner. He then went to work with FC 350 and fought his way back to third place to transfer straight into the main.

"Brownie” pushed to keep pressure on Webb in the early laps of the main event before settling into fifth place. He gained some ground after Webb and Robert tangled in a corner and advanced to fourth place, but then succumbed to Robert on the last lap."The race was good," Brown said. "It's getting better – we're working in the right direction. But I ain't gonna to stop ‘til I get on the top."

CAPTION: Mike Brown set the hot lap in Denver, and rode to a strong fifth-place finish. Photo by Drew Ruiz

Denver AMA EnduroCross
Results:
1, Colton Haaker
2, Taddy Blazusiak
3, Cody Webb

4, Taylor Robert

5, Mike Brown (Husqvarna)

6, Max Gerston
7, Cory Graffunder
8, Nick Thompson
9, Ty Tremaine

10, Bobby Prochnau

AMA EnduroCross Championship Points Standings:

1, Taddy Blazusiak (117/2 wins)

2, Colton Haaker (117/2 wins)
3, Cody Webb (116/1 win)

4, Taylor Robert (86)

5, Cory Graffunder (65)

6, Max Gerston (65)

7, Mike Brown (58) Husqvarna

8, Geoff Aaron (56)

9, Bobby Prochnau (56)

10, Ty Tremaine (53)

NATIONAL ENDURO CHAMPION DE LONG BACK IN ACTION AT THE POWERLINE GNCC
Andrew DeLong, Husqvarna's recently crowned AMA National Enduro Champion was back in action today at the Powerline Park GNCC this weekend where riders were destined to battle muddy conditions at the St. Clairsville, Ohio venue.

DeLong got a good start on his FC 350, but shortly after his day soon took a turn for the worse. 
"I was running out front with the lead pack in the first two laps," Andrew recalled. "I saw a mound of mud in the road and I thought I'd try a different line than everyone else, but that mud pile turned out to be a big old rock. As soon as I hit it, it was like I hit the eject button. It was really one of the hardest crashes I had in my whole life." 

The crash vaulted DeLong and his bike into the air and it was several minutes before he regrouped and more minutes in the pits to get his bike back in shape for the remainder of the race. Both bike and rider were beat up in the incident but DeLong was determined to see out the race. He rode to a modest tenth place finish in the XC1 Pro class but still managed to pick up some valuable championship points. He now has three weeks to rest and heal before the next and final round of the GNCC Series on October 26.

CAPTION: Andrew DeLong survives a high-speed get-off to finish a respectable tenth in Ohio. Photo by Ken Hill

Powerline Park GNCC XC1 Pro
Results: 

1, Josh Strang

2, Kailub Russell
3, Jordan Ashburn
4, Charles Mullins

5, Steward Baylor
6, Chris Bach

7, Daniel Milner
8, Paul Whibley

9, Takeshi Koikeda

10, Andrew DeLong (Husqvarna)

GNCC Series XC1 Pro Championship Points Standings:
1, Kailub Russell (323/8 wins)
2, Josh Strang (235/1 win)
3, Jordan Ashburn (222)
4, Charles Mullins (199/3 wins)
5, Paul Whibley (190)
6, Andrew DeLong (171) Husqvarna

7, Chris Bach (163)

8, Thad Duvall (149)

9, Ryan Sipes (140)

10, Takeshi Koikeda (139)

AMA West Hare Scrambles Finale

Although he has already wrapped up the title, Factory Husqvarna's Jacob Argubright lined up for the final round of the AMA West Hare Scrambles Championship in Ridgecrest, California.

Argubright enjoyed a "no pressure" atmosphere at the season finale, which was co-sanctioned by the AMA District 37 Big 6 Grand Prix series. He rode to a third place podium finish aboard his FC 450 in Ridgecrest to wrap up a successful National Championship.

Ridgecrest AMA West Hare Scrambles Results: 

1, Robby Bell
2, Justin Seeds

3, Jacob Argubright (Husqvarna)

4, Nick Stover

5, Dalton Shirley
6, Eric Yorba

7, Brandon Prieto

8, Morgan Crawford

9, Damion Tackett

10, Josh Nunes
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.